Would you get upset if your daughter wanted a steam punk wedding theme?

I think a steam punk wedding theme would be cool, during Halloween!(including me wear a black wedding dress opposed to the traditional white)

Mothers what would you think if your daughter wanted to wear black on her special day?

Fathers what kinds of dresses do you think is appropriate for your little girl to wear in her wedding day? (Like I know my father prefers a more modest look)

Male spouse, what do you think of this twist?

Girls, be honest with me, I want your opinion!

Most Helpful Guy

• There is a teenage opinion and a grown up opinion. Teenage opinion is all about expression and freedom, to display your true colors. Grown up opinion realizes that in a wedding you are catering to many people. You have to be careful to take everyone invited into account. I say teenage opinion, in that it is a time where you are just starting to discover yourself and who you want to be. I think a steampunk wedding would be awesome. I might advise to make a compromise to keep the decor hugging towards both steampunk and traditional. Both that's just my view

Most Helpful Girl

• To be honest yes, a bit, I'm more into the traditional ways of doing important celebrations.

What Guys Said 11

• She can have any wedding she wants... she can pay for it too. I had to pay for my wedding.

• Well I'm traditional but I wouldn't be mad at her Steampunk is actually pretty cool it's very Victorian clothing wise.

• I'd LOVE if I had a daughter and she'd decide on a steampunk wedding.

• That'd be fuckin rad

• lol no xD i´d actually find that super cool.

• That's cool shit

• It is the bride's day

• Yes. I think that costume weddings are bad luck. It shows signs of immaturity. Weddings are serious. "Till Death do you Part." -- It's actually a legal ceremony. A government sanctioned relationship. Just my opinion. No disrespect. I think Steam Punk parties would be lots of fun.

• Sounds a bit cringy to me. Maybe I'm just old fashioned?

• More confused than upset probably

• You do know why girls wear white, right?

I thought the white was to show purity, but I could be wrong.

Yes well in that sense I get what you are saying... it's funny he is the first person and the last person I have ever and will ever be with. So if your going by what the color says shouldn't I wear like an off white? Because off white I thought meant you were not pure.

You've still had sex. You're not pure

What Girls Said 14

• I think I'm too indecisive. But my sister likes steampunk as well and I could see her doing it. I like a twist, I'm an artist so I definitely want personal touches but I also love classic stuff. I'd be afraid I'd look back and think, "Christ, that was tacky". I've considered a more blush type of dress, but I'd rather have a really interesting design with the classic color. I want uniqueness in subtle ways. I plan on having lots of events throughout my life, so I have time for themes, but I think I just want a more traditional wedding. I know I'd be happy with it. So many ideas, I couldn't settle on one for my birthday. However, I think people should do what they want, it's their big day. If it was my daughter, I would try not to be a momster and control everything but I'd probably try to help her put steampunk details, while keeping it more traditional. Such as, gear themed centerpieces and accents. That'd be cool.

• A steampunk wedding would be sooo awesome! I normally find weddings to be a little trite and anodyne... but steampunk! I would be totally dressing up for that and helping with the decorations and making sculptures out of cogs!

• The best wedding I have ever seen was on a tv show called pitbulls and parolees. Black wedding. I think you should do what you and your partner want and your family will have to just deal with it.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6bfb1a8ca6.jpg

• People should pay for their own weddings, she can do what she wants. If people have that big a problem with it then they don't have to come

• No that'd be cool as hell.

• honestly that sounds amazing... your dress doesn't even have to be black if your parents want the more traditional look because as long as the dress is in the steampunk style it'll still fit in... If you were my daughter I'd be so proud.

• No, not really. It's her wedding after all, she has the right to choose whatever theme she wants.

• Nah, because I'm a punk also

• its your wedding, yoyr parents shouldn't dictate what you can and can't do on your special day. the only other person who gets a say in what goes down is the finaceé

• i would be disappointed

• I would be cool with it

• Yes fuck that

• No, not at all. That sounds like a pretty original idea!

• I'd think she's weird for even saying it before there's any wedding to plan in the first place. But themed weddings in general are annoying to me, so I'm not a fan. Either way though it's not really my wedding so I wouldn't care much. It's like being upset that somebody has different decor in there house than you'd choose... like it's nobodies business.

Well I'm engaged so I'm currently trying to plan lol

Ohh congratulations!! Anyway, just remember opinions don't matter. When it comes to having weddings or babies, everybody will be telling you their way and no matter what you choose somebody won't like it or "could do it better than you" -_- so just do you, it's your wedding and only you and your fiancé have a say really.

As a mother, I would be happy my little girl did what she wanted and I bought her up to do her thing and not be swayed by the majority. And i know her dad would feel similar, even if he'd roll his eyes.

Thank you for that :)