What do y'all think about makeup?

I honestly think makeup shouldn't exist. It hides who people are beneath those layers of foundation, lipstick, blah, whatever, I-dunno-what-the-hell-that-is, and every other kind of makeup. I want to prove to my girlfriend she doesn't need it. Because it shows every girl is insecure when they're wearing makeup. I want to see her naturally (as in no makeup; no clothes comes in a few years). I love the way she looks without it. Her skin feels so much better when she isn't wearing it. When she does put it on, she spends so much time doing it. Like on our prom, she spent about 3 hours applying makeup. Sure, she looks pretty with it, but she looks just as attractive without it. What do y'all think about makeup?

Blah. I feel really stupid for making that question. I never thought of the girl's point of view really. I'm sorry to everyone I offended.

Most Helpful Girl

• ok first off because a girl wears make up does NOT mean they are insecure do you really think jessica alba or someone like her is insecure no! and she wears make up

we have to live with what we got and we want to work with what we got and make the most of it not neglect are looks so a little foundation or whatever makes us look just that little bit healthier and better

yes there are some people who pile the make up on but that doesn't speak for us and it doesn't mean they are insecure it could just mean they like the way it looks

if we didn't have make up how would girls who have acne or a scar on there face cope with not being able to cover it?

make up is one of life's great things for a girl sure we can look good without it well sometimes lol but if we want to improve our appearance a little we should be able to do so most girls were make up for them not for anyone else so I think make up should exist and id shake whoever made its hand! its something that is always going to be here so it will always exist

• I just think girls look better without it >_< That's just me.

• Well,... unless you've known Jessica Alba her whole life, you really wouldn't know what she feels about her body and looks, would you..? :p

I know extremely attractive girls that think they look ugly, it isn't uncommon.

• Yeah but I'm using her as an example as she is beautiful and has publicly said she is happy with her looks !

What Girls Said 12

• I understand when it comes to the girls who look great without it, but it's really not always about 'covering up'.

It's something girls just like to do together, kind of like how guys can bond over sports or something lol, at least that's how I see it. Some girls also just use it to bring out features that they like.

I think makeup can be good because I don't see it as very fair that some people just naturally look better than others, no one has a choice in that matter. But if you do care about your looks and makeup does help you look/feel better, why not use it as long as you don't go overboard?

• Their are some girls out there who really don't need makeup. I usually only bother with a little eyeliner and mascara. I've found that most of the stuff girls use to 'improve' their face like foundations, heavy eye shadows.ect only make you look worse over time. I mean what do you expect when you cover your face with chemicals every day? And honestly no guy wants to wake up to a complete stranger. Makeup should be used to bring out the best in your face, not bury it in a mound of junk. Less is more.

• I don't wear any make-up but I think that if you look good in it by all means wear it. I have lots of friends that wear make-up and only because they love to experiment with it - I don't wear any because I don't need it along with no time to do so. But, too much make-up is a turn off (at least I think so). Some girls wear make-up to look good for themselves and like the whole scenario of make-up (its a girl thing) and then there are some girls who wear make-up because they are insecure. It all depends on the person and what the intention is into wearing makeup.

But, I know that there are some guys who feel that make-up hides the real beauty a girl has and as said - people are different with different POV.

• I generally don't wear makeup. I know that most girls use it to accentuate their features, but if you ever go without makeup, it can be noticeable. Have you ever seen Jennifer Lopez without makeup? Not to be mean, but she looks terrible. I'm not saying it's like that for all girls, but I would rather not take the chance of that happening for me. So, I prefer to go naturally and save makeup for special occasions.

• I don't find your question offensive but wearing make up is one of the advantages of BEING a girl! why wouldn't you if it's going to enhance your features and make you look better? not all girls wear make up because they are insecure, it's just because they like how it looks.

I'm sure you will agree that there is FAR more pressure put on girls to look good these days. The media is always publishing how important it is to look healthy etc. so it's just the norm for girls to want to try their best to look their best!

• You don't offend us with that kind of question. well not me.

But for a second I thought you were a girl.

If you want a girls opinion, well then hear this.

I think you are kind of right (yes I am a girl) girls shouldn't wear make-up.

It just makes your skin all weird, and you get wrinkly fast.

I only wear lip stick.

Well I don't rate girls on how they look, because I am not a lesbo.

But yeah, you are right.

Like I have a sister, and when we go somewhere or get ready to go to school, she takes forever.

I hate it when she does that.

But still girls are girls, and they will always wear make-up no matter what people say.

• makeup is not to make urself feel better, doesn't make girls insecure. girls just like it. I LOVE makeup the whole process of buying it, putting it on, its just fun. its a girl thing

it makes us feel better, it covers up things we don't want seen its great.

there are girls that go a little over board with the makeup but overall its a good thing

• I agree with you that there are a lot of girls who look gorgeous without makeup on, but we all can't be that lucky :P I do think though that girls should only use it to accentuate their features. For example, I only use foundation and eyeliner/mascara in a small amount because it brings my eyes out a little more. I hate it when girls PILE on the black eyeshadow and mascara. I think that points more towards insecurity than just 'accentuating'.

• Just because you wear makeup, it doesn't mean you're insecure. I refuse to leave my house without eyeliner on, but that's all I wear. I just think I look really blah without it. Plus if I don't wear it, I seriously look 15. Plus I love wearing eyeliner cause it really brings my eyes out.

• It's just to accentuate. Like I have effed up skin, so I wear foundation so my face doesn't look like a pizza, you know? It would detract from my good features. But I don't pile makeup on. As I said, it's to make you the best-looking possible version of yourself.

• personally growing up I wasn't allowed to wear up so naturally I wear it a lot it all.

but I think make up is supposed to be used to enhance a girls features not hide the.i don't I think makeup shouldn't exist because that would suck. I think make up is great when it is used correctly.

• if the barn needs painting paint it yah know?

What Guys Said 1

• Too much is bad, but most girls spend several hours preparing for from, so what your girlfriend did wasn't abnormal. As for the statement that all girls are insecure about how they look if they wear makeup is ridiculous. Many girls wear makeup because they like the way it looks, not because they're trying to compensate for some imagined deficiency, in the same way guys will spend hours trying to find the most badass sunglasses. We like the way it makes us feel, and that can sometimes point to insecurity, but many times, it doesn't.

• I suppose the statement about insecurity was a bit exaggerated, but in my girlfriend's case it's true. She says she wants to hide her face. But I love how it is without makeup. As for me, I don't like sunglasses :P

• Oh no doubt. And I commend you for trying to help her feel more secure and safe. It is a very mature and caring thing to do. Good job! Someday she'll be more comfortable, and you'll have the privilege of being the one who helped. : )