Is a thong bikini appropriate at the beach for a 31 year old mum?

A friend of mine wears them, and that's what got me to wonder. What does everybody think?

1mo She wears them for tanning purposes, not for trying to find a man purposes - should have been clear about that.

I'm asking myself why I asked the question, as this seems to be a complete non-issue, to judge from most of the responses! Perhaps my mind is too prudish!

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would it be more appropriate for a 20 or 25 year old? Is appropriateness based on how attractive the person looks? Or is it based on certain ages should be advertising their bodies at different age ranges? A mom can't show sexuality anymore? I don't understand the rational.

Most Helpful Girl

• Miss. People wear what they want, even if it gets them landed behind bars. It is on you to protect your sensuality. This is your body. And its your responsibility on how you want to project yourself or how others will view you. Especially with your kids. What about your husband or the father of your kid/kids? Worry about how they will think including your kids. 9/10x if I see a woman with children wearing something too revealing, and her husband or boyfriend isn't around. I would think that she's looking to get attention from all the wrong places.

@Asker

Update: Your not a prude, and people needs to stop using such a word. At least you clarified that. But honestly your question is wither or not a thong bikini is appropriate for a mother who's at the beach in her early 30's, with kids. People will judge you wither you look attractive to them or not, looked appropriate or not, what they think you should wear or not. For tanning, I don't think that will work out well regardless depending on skin tone and wither or not she has melanin in her skin. Fair skin people can't tan naturally. So if she is not olive tone or close to that range of a III or IV, tan is highly unlikely.

What Guys Said 25

• Why not - As you say for tanning purposes - When she walks around she probably has a wrap or something

• Unless she want guys attention in a sexual way then, it's appropriate for her and the guys who looking for a easy fling.

• I think she should rock that thong if she wants to.

• Depends on how hot she is! lol

• Wear what you want. Something I tell my buds is, dress for the body you have not the body you want.

• I never listen to what people think, i go in my own flow. If she does it and like it, good for not to care what people think.

• Well , if she wants to wear one , she can do the same and go long with her friend to the beach.

• wear whatever you want. if you're in good shape... sure why not

• It is if you're laying down tanning. It's not if you're walking around.

You mean because it would come across as more attention seeking if she was walking around?

No, it's just too provocative. Why wear something like that for walking around? I personally wouldn't care. But if I had 6 year old kids walking with me. It's fine for tanning though. Just put something over when you walk to the ice cream stand.

• entirely up to her

• I think it would be fine

• It's her choice I see no issues with it and I guess of she is comfortable wearing it then go for it

• no its not appropriate for any respectful woman, sluts though...

• I think it's hot. And age doesn't govern anything.

• Only if you have the right body

• it can be it she is sexy

• if she's got a hot ass then flaunt it!

• So what?

• What a milf 😍

• 31 year old is a gorgeous ass milf. dont talk like you are granny. now go and scandalise some men in the beach!

• If you have a nice body then yes, if you are out of shape then no

• I think it'd be deemed somewhat appropriate on most Western beaches. Is it dignified? Depends on the size of the ass.

• Absolutely no problem at all.
    you'll get a nice even tan on your bum

• I see no problem with it

• That's absolutely fine and hot

What Girls Said 20

• Age doesn't matter if she still has the figure to wear it. It's not so much age appropriate as it is body appropriate. And it's not always a matter of how good a shape a woman is in. Sometimes it just genetics.

Each woman needs to take a good honest look at herself in the mirror and decide.

• Yes of course anything is fine. There is no problem with wearing that stuff at the beach you go there to tan and have fun not show yourself off. You can wear whatever you want. People who sexualize you based on what you're wearing have a problem.

• Why the hell not?

Look at Liz Hurley - 51yo mum sporting a bikini

i3.mirror.co.uk/.../Liz-Hurley.jpg

I hope I still look hot at 51.

• It all depends on your body proportions and on your character. How showable and extravert is your mind?

Interesting point, what would it say about the person's character? That they are extrovert, I guess?

Yes, indeed. :-)

• Yes, if you have a toned figure. It looks awful on a figure which isn't toned with a firm appearance

Would you say people would judge the person wearing it, though?

I honestly don't think so. I've seen women of all ages wearing a thong bikini and no one seems to judge them

Do you think it makes the lady wearing it seem confident?

• I couldn t care less
    her ass, her business
    but if she has nice one, I might wanna stare just saying haha

• its all up to her whether she finds it comfortable

• It's your body, do what you want, but I prefer to keep it a little more subtle personally, no need to show my body off excessively.

• Yeah its fine but if she's with her kids then no. I would be dramatized for life if I saw my mom wearing a thong bikini

• Yes, it's appropriate.

• Not with your kids around but otherwise sure

• if you got the booty to rock it, then rock it girl

• A bikini is appropriate for anyone over the age 12 in my opinion. It's just a swimsuit, who cares?

• I don't think they are appropriate for anyone

• Yep, I'm planning to keep wearing thong bikinis when I 'm 31

• It's fine (no matter what kind of booty she's got) for her to wear one.

• Bathing suits are not sold according to age.

• Depending on your body state, I would say

• It's her choice

• Yes it is