Should I or should I not opt for a bikini this year?

I normally don't wear bikinis and go for tankinis instead, since I'm usually quite modest and don't feel very comfortable showing a lot of skin and can be a bit self-conscious about my body (I know I'm not fat, but my stomach isn't perfectly flat, either, and I don't have much of a chest, either, so I don't really know if that would make a bikini look bad on me or not) but I want to try changing things up a bit. Plus, there are a lot of styles of bikinis that have really cute designs, and seem to be much cuter than a lot of tankinis, like this one:

link

and this

link

and this

link

I really love the patterns on all of those. Should I try going for it? Should I try going for a different style of bikini if I do decide to get one? What style of bikini would be better to make it look like I have more of a chest, if there are any that can help with that?

Most Helpful Girl

• You can always find the right bikini for your body shape.

Check out any and all magazines on newsstands. Like Us, People, Seventeen and Cosmopolitan. Especially during the Spring they're running magazines with articles that have pictures of models with every body type. They even have pictures of swimsuits that are perfect for people who are flat chested and want to draw attention away from problem areas, etc. The swimsuits are always flattering and not to mention cute.

I think the bikinis you chose are great. And the patterns are really cute too. But it all depends on your style and what you feel comfortable in. If you like one of those the best, since they're all kind of similar, pick that one and then try it on and see how you like it.

A bikini with a built-in push-up bra would definitely help accentuate the boobage that you do have.

Keep in mind colors that suit you too.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• Ms D, I'm surprised at you. I know you to be a woman of good taste, and bikini #1 looks as though it belongs on the runner-up for homecoming queen at a hillbilly jamboree (I suspect you are attracted by the pushup bra effect) #3 I would think more suitable for a preteen. However, #2 seems both tasteful and alluring.

• Actually, I liked number 1 for the cute dangling cherries. Lols. I like the second one, best also. It seems to provide a bit more coverage, and I like the color.

• I wasn't going to mention the cherries, but since you did.....WHAT'S UP WID DAT?

What Girls Said 3

• hmm...its up to you babe. the world won't end if you don't walk out looking like giselle in a bikini. you are fine. I've seen some busted 500 lbs girls wearing bikinis. you need to borrow some of that confidence they have. who cares what people think. learn to love your body and look in the mirror for you not second guessing yourself with "i wonder what they will think..."

as far as your designs...well I don't like them but everyone has their own style I guess.

i think an advantage you have with having smaller boobs is that you can wear certain things easily that us larger boobed women have a harder time wearing. for example the tiny bandeau tops or the really tiny cutesy kinds of tops out there. and your tummy doesn't have to be perfectly flat. just make sure you get one that fits you well and there isn't a whole lot of muffin top action going on unless you don't mind it then by all means run free. oh and you can buy tops and bottons separately which you might prefer because then you can find the perfect fit and needs for both your top and bottom. just make sure the styles match of course or if you mix colors and designs that's fine too. I've done that before but I make sure it looks right for me. as for one peices (never did the whole tankini thing myself lol) I love them just as much as I love bikinis. I don't like tankinis though personally. there are really cute cut out one pieces you could try that have something going on the front but show more skin. I love all three and I have a billion swim suits. I might not even wear them all but I buy new ones every summer lol

here are some links about finding a bikini to fit you well for your body.

link

link

link

link

• If you feel comfortable in it..go for it!

Dont worry about what others think..,if you like it wear it!

But don't forget to be confident in whatever it is that your wearing!

Number 2 is cute!

If your really 18, I wouldn't go for the first and last one's they'll make you look a lot younger.

But good luck with whatever you pick!

• Girl, do what makes you feel good! :)