Girls, How do I feel confident in my body?

I've always been self conscious about my body, and its not because of some feminine feature that most people actually like and can just be embraced, its because it seems like my body is just made up of unattractive parts. broad shoulders, small boobs, average waist, narrow hips, small butt, average legs. after wearing only push up bras, doing a billion squats, and waist training, i began to feel more confident about my body and also because i know how to dress in a way that makes me appear curvy, but bikinis are my worst nightmare, i hate summer because i dont like showing my shoulders, and i only wear leggings because jeans make my butt look small (even after i've been working it out for at least 2 years). i hate taking pictures and i feel like i can't wear a lot of clothes because i only want to wear clothes that hide my shape, not clothes that show it off. im considering getting surgery when im older but i know thats doing a lot, i wish i could just somehow be more confident.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact is that insecurity often has no correlation with reality. Some drop dead gorgeous girls think that they're ugly, while other not so attractive girls think that they are the shit. Insecurity is a mental state. Getting plastic surgery or even working out will not help you be more secure, because if you don't change your mental state, you will always be insecure about something.

What Girls Said 20

• There's an important thing you should know: No matter how you look like, there's always someone who will find you beautiful.

• Honestly I can't offer you much advice there, because its only you who can make yourself feel confident and telling yourself you're beautiful in the mirror everyday in my opinion only causes the opposite effect because those words are doing nothing if you don't mean them and it causes you to set up a standard for yourself. Confidence takes time and patience to someone who has a shattered ego or someone who is self conscious and insecure. So know that it will come with hard work and patience. Its a nasty web to get stuck in too so I actually suggest seeing a therapist, really. I know this is weird but usually eating healthy, drinking water, getting sleep, and exercising can actually help. I know, but when you're healthy you feel more beautiful yourself because you're more energized and you have endorphins running through your body and you'll, obviously, look better.

• Stop looking at what other people have and then deciding what you've got isn't good enough. There's nothing wrong with what you look like. Theodore Roosevelt once said, "Comparison is the thief of joy." Stop comparing yourself and then you'll be filled with joy.

• Just look at yourself naked. It helps, point out all the things that you love about yourself.
    You should wear rompers/one pieces and crop tops and high waisted bottoms. Skinny jeans too.

• Be naked, a lot. The more comfortable you get with viewing your body (even in its not so flattering positions) the easier it is to appreciate the good about it. Compliment yourself and take the time to appreciate when your looking damn fine - I actually love selfies for this. I don't post them or show anyone but on days where I'm feeling on top of my game it's nice to go back and appreciate it

• You sound very beautiful! Most girls only dream of having a petite body like yours, so embrace it!
    I am pretty much the opposite of you, i have a big butt, big boobies, thin waist but I feel self-concsious about it, especially when my boy is feeling me up. He says he loves my body but I feel at shame ;/
    Everyones different and be confident with your body!

• But broad shoulders are sexy! Come on now. Don't hide something a loooott of girls wish they had.

• I know I'm going to sound old fashioned or something, but just love yourself for you who is in the inside. Don't feel so self conscious. I know that's easier said than done, but try it. Think about what makes you you and how you are specially unique in your own wonderful way. Beauty shines from the inside. Confidence comes from loving yourself. There are so many girls I know who are perfect in every why physically but their character and personalities stink. They are so full of themselves that no one wants to be around them or be their true and real friends. They are shallow and only worried about what they look like. Don't be that person. Be the one who everyone loves to hang around because your personality shines through and you love those around you. :)

• I understand where you are coming from. I felt the same way too and I have done exercise for certain parts. If u feel like exercising is a way to feel confident about yourself then keep doing it. Yes everybody or some people may not feel all that confident about their body because they may not have the perfect butt or boobs or both u can still rock it. There is people out there who won't judge you the way you look but if there is somebody that does that then just ignore them cause they be jealous or want to bring you down. Don't let them do that. Here is something i know. Don't be somebody your not be yourself and a guy will come into your life who will love you for you and won't care how u look because he loves you for you. Hope this helps you

• You can try gaining some weight but still doing cardio and strength training to stay fit. If you really are insecure to the point of getting surgery, you should really think about it because a lot of women who get breast implants do get them taken out (less than a year). If you think it'd make you happy, maybe save some money and get/do a fat graft/transfer (you do need fat for this) and breast implants

• Hire a trainer... they'll help you shape your body the way you want to... worked for me...

• look, there is always going to be someone better looking than you, so you have to give what you have to offer. You are enough. be happy with who you are, especially if youve been working that hard. it clearly shows that you take care of your body, its just what youve been born with.

• Believe me you look fabulous in your bikini. All men who see you desire you.

• squats don't make your butt bigger!!! they make your butt toned. if you wanna make your butt bigger, you have to eat loads of foods that contain fat and do butt workouts for eg. butt bridge

• That's exactly how I feel!
    I don't know how to help you, but misery loves company!

• start lifting.

• just be happy. keep your waist toned and keep your butt fat thats all you gotta do

• You could buy butt pads :p lol. I think being confident with your body stems from being the healthiest you that you can be.. mentally and physically. The main reason we worry about our appearance is because we biologically want to find a mate. The importing to remember is that there is always someone for somebody. Men are into all sorts of shapes and sizes so just because you're not curvy with a big plump ass doesn't real mean anything. I have some guy friends that are really into bigger women. They love it. One of my friends is the most handsome man I've ever seen and is married to our friend that is 250 lbs and has a unibrow, covered in stretch marks (Not trying to be rude saying that about her it's just reality). Look at Beyonce and Jay Z. He's not an attractive person (IMHO) but they're together. Beyonce is one of the most beautiful women in the world. I have broad shoulders as well and no one ever says anything about it. Another thing to remember is that people don't see us the way we see ourselves. We stand I'm front of the mirror and pick out every tiny flaw. We examine ourselves to the nth degree always wanting to improve in some way or another. My advice is shatter your self image. Life is too short to be miserable. This is the body you're stuck with for the rest of your life so show it some love and acceptance. And hey, if you want to have some procedures done that's not totally out of the normal either. If it will make you happier I say go for it just be careful and do your research. Good luck and don't be so hard on yourself girl.

Wow lots of typos lol I just woke up sorry

• I am so disgusted by this confidence and insecurity topics.

• Spend time naked... not with other people. I just mean sleeping, hanging around your room. It sounds weird, but it's harder to be critical of something you're comfortable with.