Homemade hydrating hair masks?

Do you know of any good ones? My hair is fine and wavy, with oily roots and dry ends. Can I apply it on the ends only?

Most Helpful Girl

• Home made mayonnaise is a recipe that's edible and can also be used for beauty purposes. It's hydrating for the hair. Batter olive oil and an egg really well until you reach a mayo consistency. You can also add in honey or avocado. Another option is avocado and egg only. Play around with these ingredients, mix and match everything, and see what works for you. Egg, olive oil, avocado, and honey are known to be nourishing for the hair, you can never go wrong with them.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 6

• You can literally use just coconut oil, but keep it away from the roots. You'll have oily hair for days.

• Try normal coconut oil. It really worked wonders for my hair! You can apply everywhere or only on ends. Doesn't matter.

• Peppermint oil, olive oil, and orange zest on the scalp then use a banana, avocado, and coconut oil on the ends.

• coconut oil dude.

• A good one is an egg. Use the egg yolk on hair shaft and ends because it's moisturising and the egg white on your scalp as it really helps control the oil.

• Argan oil or coconut oil. If you don't have any of them, you could mix olive oil with avocado. It's a decent hydrating hair mask and it will make your hair very smooth.

I'm a bit afraid of oils. I used a silicone based oil all summer, thinking it made my hair hydrated, but it just sat on top of them and masked the fact I had very split ends, and weighted it down. I don't know if natural oils are absorbed by hair or just sit on top of it, and I'm afraid they 'll weigh it down and ruin my curls