Should a 14 year old be able to get a small tattoo (With parental consent)?

There are two 14 year olds (at least) in my school who have tattoos. Im a bit jealous, and kind of want to get a small tattoo on my wrist.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't think so. It's permanently marking your body for life... I know that at 14, I could never have been trusted to make that choice :P The bonus of time is that you can still think of tattoos you want at 14 and if you still want them later on, you can still get it, nothing stopping you. But it gives you time to think and make sure that it's not just something silly.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's stupid to get a tattoo that young cause you're still changing so much, you probably won't like the tattoo by the time you're 20. You're a totally different person at 14 and 20

What Girls Said 12

• Technically you can, if you find a willing artist and/or your parents agree to it. But people change a lot mentally until their 20s. It might be cool now just to have a tattoo, but there's a high change you 'll regret in and then you'll either have to live with it or pay a lot to remove it. Also, tattoos require upkeep to look good.
    And what if the job you 'll want to do, doesn't accept tattooed people? Why not wait?

I only want a small tattoo on my wrist, tribal biohazard sign or something

• No, I think the age linit of 16 is fine. There's a huge difference in those two years- the teen years are so different. Think about you not wanting to hang with 12 yo anymore, I don't want to hang out with (most) 14 yo anymore. The differences are extreme.

You get a kind of maturity in those years and are seen as more mature.

• No you shouldn't be younger than 16 and even then it should mean something really deep

• Teenagers are so changeable. They should wait until they're older and more mature before tattooing something permanent on their skin.

• It's too young. I got my first tattoo at 16 with my parents consent and though I don't regret it, I wish I had waited a little longer.

• nope it is a serious decision and they can change their idea in future

• Huh? O. o
    Impossible. Everyone practically thinks we are too "young" for anything. Makes me wonder how they got away with getting one. 😏

• With parental permission? Sure although I would certainly think it's an idiotic thing to do.

right lol. at that age, everything they do is to just look cool or fit in. oh the decisions to be made with a tattoo idea when ripe

i would've had a hardcore band i don't even listen to anymore named Catherine done at 14. imagine that lol and all the explaining I'd have to do.

@BertMacklinFBI catherine... that's manly and rugged lol

• probably not.

• heck no lol

• Nope

• I think if they want to do it more power to ya

What Guys Said 7

• If your parents agree to it, why not?

• no, because you are in a phase of your life where you change a lot, including what you like and what not. and a tattoo is nothing you can easily remove again

• They're permanent, and they may want it to be of something that they will later find very childish. What would people think of a grownup with a tattoo of a cartoon character? lol

• Nah they are too young to make a life lasting decision like that.

• hell no, cause if you hit a growth spurt, your tattoo is gonna be all retarded looking

• There to young and stupid to realize just what forever really means...

• trust me wait till your older