Anyone use biotin, if so did it help your hair?

I recently started taking biotin. I have thyroid disease and my hair doesn't grow much and it falls out a lot :(
So I'm hoping the biotin helps me in that department.

Most Helpful Guy

• It does help. I had medullary thyroid cancer. My thyroid was removed. I'm on synthetic thyroid hormone for the rest of my life. So no worries.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've taken hair and nail gummies before, truthfully I don't know if it worked but they tasted delicious. A big concern when taking biotin is the affect is has on the skin. A lot of people break out when they take them. You could definitely give it a try and see how it works for you. For some people it did wonders.

What Guys Said 3

• Never taken it I wish you the best of luck

• I know Coconut oil has helped my hair

• Yes. Yes.

What Girls Said 18

• My sister had hyperthyroidism, (doesn't anymore because she got her thyroid removed, so she takes pills to take its place) her hair had thinned out quite a bit. She took biotin, not sure how many milligrams or anything, and that helped but what helped her as well was horse shampoo called Mane &Tail. yes its bonkers, but it worked for her. I don't think it had any smell to it, so nobody would know that you use animal shampoo lol. Good luck!!

Mane and Tail is formulated for human use as well, not just horses. They actually have really good conditioner and their products do have a smell, but they're light weight. They smell fresh, like apples or something.

• I don't think the biotin is going to help with the hair falling out but it may help with the hair and nail breakage.

Have you talked to your doctor about the hair loss?

• I take a multivitamin now, but I did take biotin by itself at one point and it does help with hair growth.

• used it for 6 months... didn't do anything for me

• I take 500mcg twice a day plus do coconut oil hair masks which helps my hair a lot. Just be sure to drink a lot of water while taking biotin because you'll break out a ton.

• Most definitely. Another good one is the neocell super collagen powder. I tried the pills but personal experience the powder did wonders quicker. I see plenty of customers buy it and I've asked them about it and said its been working for them too.

• I tried but it srsly made hair grow on my chin. I read it can increase T levels a lot in your body. It interacts with the hormone for some reason. My hair grew temporarily, but then broke off as soon as I stopped taking the biotin.

• It should I suffer from TTM disorder. I used it and my hair started getting thicker.

• I took it for a week and I broke out... a lot. I rarely have breakouts so this was surprising. I used 5000mcg, which is a heavy dosage and if you do decide to use it I would recommend starting with the smallest dose.

• I've tried it before to try and make my hair grow faster, it's hard to tell if it really helps much it seemed to grow the same as before but I think it gave me acne.. wasn't really worth it in my opinion.

• It does but it causes acne, too, if you take in too much.

• I use biotin. It works better for some than others

• I take biotin pills haven't yet noticed a difference, but I sure hope to soon

• Used to take them never noticed anything different

• It helps :)
    Good luck

• Yeah it does. And nails too

• I have actually used it and I believe it helped.

• my sister made me take biotin gummies one time. i did it for like, 45 days (2 gummmies per day, there were 90 in the bottle)
    I don't have a disease or whatever but my hair did grow longer, faster, and my nails definitely grew faster. I didn't grow like, more hair, just that what I had grew longer faster.