Guys girls.. do I look too much?

I earn quite a lot as a graphic designer, and going to my friend's party this Saturday.. so my question is would that look too much? cuz I really don't wanna show off or nothing but find this to be the simplest of my dresses! plzzz help!!! Plus, my friend doesn't work yet and of medium to low standard of living...Guys girls.. do I look too much??

Most Helpful Guy

• You're going as a super hero? I understand it is Halloween so no one will judge you.

• Super heroes shouldn't wear capes, I would judge the hell out of one that did (looks at superman πŸ€”)

Most Helpful Girl

• Buy another dress. And some etiquette lessons on how to be around with a "medium to low standard of living"

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 16

• If you're Arabian it's ok πŸ˜‚

• what even is that thing on your arm?

• curtains πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• but you are boasting about the fact you are a designer, as if that means anything :D

also it amuses me how you have to have your dress look like that just because you have to make the statement of being a designer.. except the dress is entirely ridiculous which only shows how bad a designer you are haha

• haha yeah if you dont have an actual argument just write the other person off as jealous xD

• What the fuck are you wearing? What kind of party is this? An exclusive yaht party in the Mediterranean?

• Not a good look. Rethink your outfit.

• I think she'll be like 'jeez, who invited the Princess of Arabia' :P

• in the uk that would be way too much for a friends party... looks great but more like the sort of thing to wear to a movie premier.

• I don't know girls here dress so pretty in Qatar and I'm new to the culture so I don't wanna dress bad and keep them wonder why since they know I earn a lot.. and at the same time don't wanna show up like I'm better than the rest!! got me? 😒

• awwww thank u.. and ur right I'll ask her to make sure! πŸ’‹

• cool and i hope you have a wonderful time x

• As a graphic designer you have created something unique. Although I don' t appreciate it fully , I think it is as per local taste of fashion. Good job done.

• uhh thanks babe.. that was a nice thing 2 say! although I'm not sure what happened to the girls and why r they hating on it!

• They are not accustomed to other cultures. It's a learning process. Still people expect Indian girls to dress as per western cultural preferences. Has any one of them (these girls) ever worn a saree?

• true that!!

• My first thought was 'over dressed', but I don't know what sort of a party it is. Maybe ask someone who is going to the party. Think about the last party which was similar and reflect on what other people wore.

• yes u would come across as a complete asshole..

• Seems a bit OTT

• you look utterly ridiculous :/

• From a guys intuitive perspective who is in the acting industry and lives in Beverly Hills, I have to say that although it's creative, it's not a good look. sometimes simple is better.

• Wayyy over the top

• Yeah that's a bit over the top.

• You look like your going to diplomacy meeting.

• You're 23, you should know by now how to dress for social occasions.

• but that's how the chicks dress here in Qatar and I work in Qatar so i really don't know what to wear!! I wanna fit with the crowd that's all..

What Girls Said 16

• 'my friends party'

It's a party, not a ball, why the fuck you wearing a dress?

• it's in Qatar and cultures differ! uhh I'm tired of explaining all the time.. whatever!

• Hey, I'm the worst person to introduce anything cultural to. I don't get any of that stuff unless it's indonesian or Japanese, cause they've got really iconic cultures.
      Everythign else does too, it's just harder for me to pick up on it.

Besides, you speak in almost perfect English (including text speak) so it's really easy to assume you're just a Westerner with a bunch of money.

Calm down, I only meant that in my experience, if a friend is throwing a party, you wear jeans. That's it.

• it's alright babes I totally understand cuz to be honest I should have added it's in Qatar and how the culture differ!

• That's entirely too much and it's not even cute. You look like you picked it specifically because you make a lot of money and want others to know it, not because it looks good and fits the atmosphere of where you are going. That's observation is further substantiated because you felt the need to tell us you make a lot and what you do for a living, even though it has zilch to do with the question you asked. And it's ill fitting.

My sister is a graphic and web designer and she makes a ton of money, but she doesn't dress like a Greek goddess every time she goes somewhere.

Moral: Just because you make a lot of money doesn't mean you always have to look like you do.

• chill girl!! I work in Qatar and girls there wear like that and even better!! I'm not sure what ur used to really and come on i don't need u to know that I earn a lot else I would have written in numbers πŸ‘ŒπŸ˜Œ

• @elarra I feel like u r a mother of 7 and already tired of life lol.. I'll make it easy on u.. bye πŸ‘‹

• Your dress is beautiful gal✨

• It looks gorgeous and pretty fancy imho, and yeah i understand how we dress ourselves up for the smallest of parties lol (from the middle east though not an arab).

Just a little side not, you don't have to call everyone a bitch or that they're jealous of you just cuz they might not agree or crack a little joke about it, because chances are they really are not lol.

• Wtf! It looks like a curtain lolπŸ˜‚

• I love the dress uhh bitches don't understand.. my question is not whether u liked it or not but rather if it suits the occasion babe!

• Nevermind. I don't wanna see any notification from that stupid question again. You made my day though lol πŸ˜‚ ciao

• I love it! Better to dress up than the dress down. It's very eye catching. If you are comfortable in it, then you can totally rock it.

• dress looks cool but not a fan of those hanging things on the sides

• The dress is certainly different, it's best to ask the host or in this case your friend on what she's planning to wear, if not on the dress code.

Is there a slit at the back for you to walk?

• yeah and I like to make them long.. just love them πŸ‘Œ

• yeah that one is pretty cute too.. πŸ‘Œ

• Stupid question

• okay so don't add a stupid answer to it!

• @elarra ur so interested.. feel free to read more about me or come visit me in person lol.. I'll give u the address to where I liveπŸ˜‚

• @Elarra Yes indeed, she seems to be ridiculous.

• Looks lovely, qatar is rich so I'm sure everything is over the top

• Do you have 3 dresses on your body?

• It is a party. I don't think you need to dress to fancy if it is just a simple party... lol πŸ˜…

• Don't listen to the hater, you look gorgeous.
    Even if it's too much for the event, you'll definitely make a statement.

• So pretttyyyyyy

• If you like it then no, you slay giiiiirl.

• It's fine for where you are. Other countries would see it as over dressed.

• You look like my curtains. My curtains are pretty tho.

• lool I know this dress is so pretty and has its price.. my question is not whether u like it or not but whether it is suited to the occasion.. so read the question again babe..

• Like I said : you look like expensive curtains babe