Girls, What makeup look should I pair with a black/nude dress?

Girls, What makeup look should I pair with a black/nude dress?
This is the dress I will be wearing to a military ball in December and I am wondering what kind of makeup would go well with it. Should I get a nude lipstick and maybe just some neutral looking makeup? I am more concerned about the eye look and what color lipstick I should wear, pics and product recommendations are welcomed!!!

Also any hair ideas for someone with shoulder length straight hair would be cool too! I love trying new things with my hair!

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• dark smokey eyes with nude lipstick

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 24

• You could do anything you wanted with a dress like that :)
    It'd be interesting to know what color eyes you have.
    I'm assuming brown (ish) or blue. So, these will work great for those.
    Get a nude that works for your skin color, I like to go pretty sixties (really nude) with a hint of peach for my skin color
    -maybellene (spelling, haha) has great nude lipsticks
    i.ytimg.com/vi/LgRFeqCDjH8/maxresdefault.jpg

The balm has a great nude red, matte kumar is color name, I'd go browny nude for something like this-not pink or red color on lips
    i.ytimg.com/vi/YssS1J8nRa8/maxresdefault.jpg

Classic great make up
    fr.thebeautyst.com/.../dark-red.jpg

Brings out brown eyes (the red in them with little red shadow+bold lip=pow in your black dress)

black smokey eye
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...c8ae344e30.jpg

Matte green to make your brown eyes smolder-I'd go neutral lip
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d1a5461ae6.jpg

If you have blue eyes-I'd go smokey brown or sparkly gold

If you want cheap make up for one night, I'd focus on a nyx setting spray, an elf palette and mayybeee an ulta or sephora brand single shadowfor your main color ex) sparkly lid color or matte green. but if you get black, you can really work it up or simply apply a black liner first then go over with powder. And the setting spray will help hold even less than perfect products in longer than they normally would.

best :) have fun!!

3|0
    0|0
  • Definitely smoky eye, mixing in some gold shades like maybe a metallic shimmery gold with black matt eyeshadow like a gradient effect would be nice since the dress has more than just black in it, as for makeup, a nude lip would look nice since red makeup with smokey eyeshadow (in my opinion) is a little too much going on, even though it seems nice, and to really pull off red lipstick you have to have full lips. Definitely contour your face (subtly) and do blush and highlighter too.
    As for hair, waves would look really nice
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...e24edd9f93.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • https://goo.gl/images/VGUcDJ that eye makeup would look good and maybe with like a maroon/ dark maroon lipstick

1|0
    0|0
  • Smokey eyes and a nude lip would look great. I would do an updo for your hair.

4|0
    1|0
  • I would use dark eyeshadows, nude lipstick and contour my face ☺ and when it comes to hair depends on your face but I prefer something simple, simply straight or curly/wavy hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • Basically what the girls said + a picture :D weareladies.net/.../...-eyes-and-nude-lipstick.jpg

3|0
    0|0
  • Just keep the makeup natural with a peachy pink lip

1|0
    0|0
  • If it were me, I'd do neutral/brown smokey eyes and deep red lips.

I don't really know about hair tho, but you can never go wrong wearing them down, in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Smokes eye and nude lip

1|0
    0|0
  • I would just go with the classic nude lip and subtle smokey eye. Maybe use a naked 1 palette (or a dupe bc those are expensive)? The dress is pretty though! I hope you have fun!!

3|0
    0|0
  • Are you a student or what? I go to a military school and I'm going to a ball to celebrate the USM birthday!

1|0
    0|0
    • 1mo

I am a college student haha, but my husband is in the army and this is our second ball. I didn't really know what to expect the first time and looked kind of ridiculous so I am going to do it right this time lol.

• 1mo

Haha, cool! You're celebrating the USMC birthday, too? I really like your gress!

• A dark smokey eye and nude lips would look good.

2|0
    0|0
  • Go smoky! Grays, silvers, and shimmer!

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless your accessories have colors, I suggest a nude smokey eye.

1|0
    0|0
  • Smokey eye shadow and nude lip

1|0
    0|0
  • Black smokey eyes and nude lips!

1|0
    0|0
  • Brown neutral smokey eye with a red or nude lip

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd go with bold eye make up, like a smokey eye, and nude lipstick. I think a simple high ponytail would look good 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd probably go with nude lipstick and dramatic eye makeup. A winged eyeliner with a smokey eye with the color you'd think was best.

2|0
    0|0
  • 1|0
    0|0
  • At least u won't have to buy bc

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely a smokey eye !!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Go for a smokey eye, maybe a little gold too. You'll look fantastic

1|0