How do you dress more mature?

I'm taking my boyfriend out on Sunday for his 31st birthday. We are going to see his favourite comedian and he is looking forward to it. I'm 22, but I get ID'd everywhere I go. I need help because neither of us have any valid ID so if I do get ID'd we are screwd. I tend to dress young, I like my pleated mini skirts, platform boots, dark makeup and I have a mohawk. I can hide the mohawk easly because its not an obvious one (see pictures included). I don't really have time to go out shopping for a new outfit so I have to stick with what I have already. I don't want to dress too formaly either, mabie a skirt or dress... or a plain black blouse with some skinny jeans?
I have four different pairs of shoes, my platform boots, some high heald platform boots, some plain black (and not to high) heals and some black stiletos with a small platform and a thin silver heal.

I'd like tips on:
1. How to style my hair
2. What makeup should I wear
3. Which shoes
4. Clothes ideas and
5. Accessories

Aditional ideas are more then welcome.

Here is my current hair cut:
How do you dress more mature?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok so For starters, go with the black stilettos, you're going to see a comedian so Casual obviously... Can you tell me you top options? And what type of skinny bottoms you have?

I have skinny jeans in all colours, light blue, light blue with rips and diamante decorations, gray, black, dark blue, I even have a pair of light blue dungerees with rips... but mabie not for this. I haven't got that many dress tops, I have my black blouse, its tight and shows off my boobs really well. I have a black, airy off the sholder top with a simple floral pattern, another off the sholder one with a big skull in the middle and lots of pretty studs on the sholders. I have lots of black tank tops and vest style tops. I also have a huge celection of tops with cartoony things and animals on them but I dont think they are very good either. I have a navy blue wooly jumper, lots of checkerd/tarten style tops in navy blue and while, black and red, pink and green, black and white. And thats all I can think of at the moment.

Thank you very much! Sounds good, I think I might go for it :)

Lol You welcome, I live for fashion, good luck/have fun!

What Guys Said 6

• I think the black blouse and jeans - Your hair looks okay in pics and maybe a bit of subtle make up - Have you got your hair up in second photo, you seem older in that one.

Yes I do! It's up in a bun, I was thinking about doing my hair just the same as the picture. I think it's the only picture of me where I dont look less then 20.

• You do look young and pretty I might add but I think a dress shirt and sports jacket and longer skirt might help but your hair is a younger style

• Ok, wait.. No valid ID?

I have an out of date passport I sometimes use but not everywhere accepts it. Neither of us drive or travel so we don't have anything we can use.

Well I would say you're screwed lol I would card you for cigarettes..

• By wearing a hijab

• Girls usually wear a dress of some sort. I don't know

• take yo mommas clothes

What Girls Said 15

• 1. How to style my hair
    - Straight hair
    - Soft natural curls
    - Sleek ponytail

2. What makeup should I wear
    You want natural makeup that enhances your features and bone structure:

So fill in and draw your brows, try map out your arch, tail, and front using a straight edge, you can easily find instructions online.

Contour your cheeks, jawline, and, nose.

Apply a thin line winged liner of your lid and wear mascara to enchance your lashes, and for you lips I think a really deep pink/red would look good (Mac Relentlessly Red) or you can go for something more neutral like a pinkish nude.

3. Which shoes
    This depends on the clothing, but generally speaking comfort is key factor when dressing mature. So if you want heel you could go for ankle boots, or anything with a small heal. But where you lose out of heels and stilts, you make up for it with colour, for example the flats with triangle faces come in so many colours and ranges and are comfortable.

4. Clothes ideas and Accessories
    Now you can for the classic shirt and trousers. But I think you opt for chinos instead of trousers and accessorise it with a nice brown belt. You don't have to wear buttoned shirts, you can wear t-shirts, tanks tops, vest tops, and top you want! The chinos can look classy with pretty much anything.
    Alternatively you can wear bodycon midi dresses, but you have to pick the right colours, so don't go picking out a neon pink lol instead look for a conservative dresses that may have panels.
    And you can accessorise with a simple watch (DKNY, Michael Kors, Armani etc - these look classy yet fashionable) also I would suggest studs and not big dangly earrings, and a single ring rather than a whole set of them lol, also you can wear any necklace as long as it isn't too flashy, encrusted in jewels lol but it's a great way to add a pop of colour to outfits.

I hope I helped :)

• If you want to look more mature, I would suggest generally going in a more modest route while also removing things that make you really stand out or that wouldn't be universally accepted. So, cover your top so boobs aren't out, don't wear super short shorts/skirts so that your legs are generally covered. I would say to keep a natural hair color as well as neutral hair styles. I love your shaved sides, but I think it probably does detract from the maturity of your look.
    For a more mature outfit, here is an example.
    1. Skinny dark wash jeans
    2. Fashion booties
    3. Flowy top with a flair neckline
    4. Hair in a polished bun on the back of your head
    5. Don't overdo your makeup. Goal is enhancing with natural
    6. You could go with a fashion necklace or a nice black purse

Although you know what, you've gotta feel comfortable with what you're wearing. So I would say wear what you want :)

• I 'd suggest you to go for a classy look, but still alternative. Do your makeup as usual. For hair, I'd suggest something like this. Don't hide your mohawk, but make it look polished, a bit rockabilly.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8dbbaeb9a0.jpg

Wear your stilletos with a black dress. If it looks too plain, add jewellery.

• A dress or skirt that accentuates your silhouette and heels are your go to things for a 'mature' fashion sense. Similar to those dresses with a business or smart style. If you want to wear grown up clothes, you want to look for clothes that look smart. With that in mind, don't be afraid to dress up sexy, it will help you look more grown up, just be careful to not over do it. Bodycon, backless, and low cuts are great, but still, modesty is key.
    Examples
    scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...15295474_n.jpg
    scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...67851106_n.jpg
    scontent-mad1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/.../...40318404_n.jpg
    See you don't see things like that in a little girl's closet, hence you would look more adult.
    You can always wear something more simple&casual and still look mature, but it's going to be a bit tricky. No t shirts, no bright colors, no fun patterns, pictures, drawings, nor texts, and wear statement pieces of jewelry, or handbag. Heels are probably the most important things in your whole look. They'll add height, thus making you look older. They should be like the first thing to think of wearing! As for makeup, deep red shades of lipstick are perfect for this season, and they give you a bold look. For your hair, big defined loose curls would do.

• I think you look pretty mature the way you are, maybe the Mohawk makes some people think you are younger than what you are.
    It depends on what you have in your wardrobe, but I'd say maybe try to wear an elegant simple dress (I like black dresses personally :p ) and maybe pair it with your plain heels. You could put on a jacket or a scarf on your shoulders if it's going to be cold, or even a coat.
    For the makeup I feel like black and gold cat eye makeup will always make you look a bit older. Red lips also would do although I wouldn't pair that with the heavy eye makeup. Finally for your hair either try to let it down and make some light curls so it looks wavy, or just make a classy bun. And same for accessories, keep it simple and classy.

Maybe this style would be different than yours but I think it sure will make you look more mature. Just don't put on something that you won't be comfortable in.

• Wear less snickers, more sandals, high heels or buskins, anything..
    Start wearing earings, any accesorry without letters or anything, just normal not childish
    Stop wearing tshirts with designs like these ones www.google.com.ar/search
    as for make up, wear whatever you want, but never too much, it'd be vulgar , you can check tutorials on youtube, you can get natural looks with make up

• Hair= Dark hair, straight , curly doesn't matter it looks good!
    Make up: do put lash excents! Falsies that gives you dramatic look or some natural look, lash lift is a good option and can completely change your face (depends how long etc) you look very cute and lovely and I think it will suit you.
    3. Shoes doesn't matter! As long as they aren't crocs lol
    4. You should wear everything that makes you feel comfortable, you should feel comfortable from what you are wearing and be yourself!
    5. Accessories doesn't matter either. Glasses will suit you tho and try smaller stud earrings. You look very attractive so I think everything will suit you
    MOST IMPORTANT: be yourself and be who you want to be.

• you're pretty. Just wear your blouse with the skirt or wear the dress, both w the black heels. As for makeup, dont make it dark, make it more natural. Like mascara and eyeliner on top lid, maybe add some light brown eyeshadows. And your hair, just leave it like the bottom picture.

• You do have a baby face. Okay dark makeup is always the best thing to do to make yourself look older. Go for a smoky eye look, make sure to wear fake eyelashes. Contour too. The more makeup the better. Wear heels. Maybe straighten your hair and pull it back. It helps you look mature. Black Jeans would be fine with a dressy top. Also how you present yourself is key too. Don't look nervous. Good luck.

• Curl your hair, a nice blazer, dress shirt, and a skirt, skinny jeans, slacks.
    Sweater, jeans, and a nice pair of boots.

Make up probably just some eye liner.
      Accessories... Anything really.

Don't show off too much skin either. But if you decide to wear a crop top a pencil skirt and some kind of cardigan/asymmetrical sweater will look nice.

Good brands are Vince camuto, rafaella, Calvin Klein (or Calvin Klein jeans), DKNY, and Lord and Taylor brand clothes.

• you're a pretty girl but if this is all to avoid getting carded, forget it. Just be yourself. you have a young face. There will be a time when you actually appreciate being carded for looking younger than you are Just embrace it.

I understand you're point but I would like to see the show i paid for.

Oh sorry i must've breezed past the part where you said dont have valid ID's. My Bad. I totally get that you want to see the show, of course! but Why dont you have ID? and instead of putting effort into looking older why not put effort into getting a valid ID. It's what grown ups do. Is that a problem? And actually many places actually have a law that to be inside the premises you need to have an ID regardless of how old you look or the establishment could get shut down.

• Black jeans with tall boots or heels, and a flowy top of a solid color. Conservative makeup and earings help too.

• Get a nondrivers lisence. They are cheap and work great

I'm pretty sure you can't get them in England, and I don't think I can get one in one day.

Just a suggestion. Could always look into it. I got my license printed really fast?

I think the best thing I can get is a Citizen card, but we won't be able to get one for Sunday :/
      Thanks for the advice though, it will be useful for next time!

• So get a valid ID. You're both over age... weird why you wouldn't just go get one.

• Why don't you have ID? That's pretty important.
    No drivers licence?
    Medical card?
    Passport?