Swimwear models - are they modelling swimwear products or displaying their hot bodies? Do you watch it to see the product or hot girls?

Well.. i happen to browse through fashionTV when changing channels and they were showing swimwear collection. But after a few minutes i am thinking these two questions
1) are they marketing/showing the swimwear or are they showing the hot bodies of girls with provocative gesture/poses showinc cleavage/booty / breasts
2) are guys/girl watching these to see swimwear or hot girls?

0|0
7|3

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to separate it out a bit, the models themselves do not have a goal of selling or showing off. They are being contracted for the job so they do whatever it is they need to. The swimwear COMPANIES are trying to sell the article of clothing, and sex sells, so they use visually attractive things to draw attention. A real model's (as compared to like an instagram model or something) goal is to just get paid for a campaign, not to show off their bodies. This isn't to say that they're not proud of it, but that's not the main goal. As a girl I would be looking at the actual swimwear.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• 1) It's mostly to sell the swimwear, so having it on a good looking body helps achieve that. So it's both.
    2) If a girl wants to buy it I very much think she is wanting to buy the swimwear. If it's a guy, I think it's just to check out the girl. I'm pretty sure a good handful of guys aren't going to purchase female swim suits (unless he falls in the minority.. Buying it as a gift/cross dresser etc)

0|2
    0|0
  • It's two in one activity. Manufacturers of swimwear publicize their products while at the same time sex is sold also.
    I believe most of the guys watch hot girls, not swimwear.

0|1
    0|0
  • swimwear and lingerie models

0|1
    0|0
  • i think guys pay more attention to the bodies while the girls focus more on the swimsuit

0|1
    0|0
  • They are showing the swimwear, but we are of course looking at the swimwear and the wearer. That is just natural.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably both. The true goal is for swimwear to be bought.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Possibly both - The swimwear and lingerie promotions are very sexual as well as advertising the products

0|1
    0|0
  • The girls watch to see the swimwear being modeled. The guys watch to see the bodies.

0|1
    0|0
  • They are showing the swimwear, and they are obviously going to sell more products if the models are hot opposed to if they are ugly

0|0
    0|0