Girls, can any of you give me *good* professional makeup tips?

I'm 18 just throwing that out there. I genuinely want to steer clear of caking at all. I don't have any pimples. But I do have eye circles. My makeup literally takes me like 2 hours because i keep whiping off and getting pissed, trying over and over from scratch and then not wanting to continue at all and not going anywhere. This is becoming an issue. So anyway.. I'm pretty sure my skin type is probably normal or slightly dry. I don't like foundation because it makes me look shiney. But I use to cake so that could of been why.
I use powder for my whole face but if i don't have vaseline or baby oil on it's a bitch to blend. And then sometimes it just comes off because of it. And even then it still is a bitch and takes me 15+ minutes to get it perfect. This shit should not be this difficult/long.
I don't like cheekbones and dull mine out with a slightly darker contour or powder so that light just doesn't ever hit them or accentuate them and so my cheeks look fuller... blending is just a long ass task and almost has a grainy/freckley kind of affect there. Takes an extra thousand re-tries. I feel like my brushes being cvs brand and the bristles seeming plastic like might have something to do with this... And lastly the concealer i put on my eye circles has a greyish or blueish undertone and when i do the put something red underneith shit it just looks pinkish. Can anybody save my fucking life.

1mo Lolll wait. Don't get it twisted. My makeup isn't blotchy and pink or grey or any of that shit. It takes me a while to put it on perfect and it shouldn't is what the post is about. Because of those issues that *I* notice because I would because I give a fuck. I can't do what other bitches do and chill with basic dumb ass makeup and eyelashes and not fix that even if takes 100 re do's. I figured listing the shit that irks me and asking here would of been easier.
1mo Just a heads up don't think as basic as you definitely look if you're the kind of dumbass bitch that read that as some other shit and me walking out blotchy and pink or blue or what ever your average ass wanted to think because I wasn't gonna post a picture that wouldn't of had any of that shit either way lol. Listing shit i don't like that takes me a while to get right when it obviously should take like 3 minutes if you know your shit. With your cakey eyelid creaces and shit shaped eyebrows.

19

Most Helpful Girl

• Youtube, google... Use them.

What Girls Said 18

• If your skin is already good don't wear any type of foundation or powder. Just put on moisturiser to keep it smooth looking. Just going without any makeup on your skin let's it breathe and eventually look healthier. Personally I never ever wear foundation or powder cause my skin is already good.
    As for dark circles I don't do anything there either, but try looking for the right corrector shade that works for you, not every shade works for everyone. You might wanna ask a makeup professional at the store what corrector colour would be good for your circles (go there without having it covered up).
    Watch this make up artists tips, he's really good :)
    https://youtu.be/pNSSgBJgsnI

• -moisturiser with high SPF (apply 10-15 minutes before you put foundation)
    -liquid body/face foundation (this will prevent that dried out look on your face that you're trying to avoid) the best one out there is M. A. C liquid foundations
    -use a foundation sponge (no brushes) easier to blend and looks more flawless
    -dab red lipstick under your eyes (for your eye circles) sounds weird as, but it's a beauty hack that actually works. Then apply foundation on top
    -for cheekbones apply peachy coloured blush on your cheeks. Do not contour your face. That will highlight your cheekbones and you don't want that.

• This tone discourages people from wanting to answer to you.
    Moving on. I get what you mean. Your makeup looks good but it takes a long time and you're frustrated because of it. I had the same issue. Being late all the time because I had to put my makeup on and it had to be perfect. What you can do is search for information on google or youtube and 'train', try out new products or techniques when you don't have to go anywhere, to find out what works for you.

As for foundation, powder is best for oily faces, that's why you feel that on its own it doesn't go on smoothly on your normal to dry face. And powder is dry so it's difficult to mix it with a liquid. I'd suggest a light coverage cream foundation or a BB cream.

As for concealer, buy one with yellow undertone, it will be best than those with grey bluish undertones. This trick of putting red lipstick under your concealer works but is very tricky. I think it depends of your skin colour. If you're pale, try a lighter color.
    www.bustle.com/.../66845-i-tried-red-lipstick-as-a-concealer-plus-4-ways-to-use-other-lipstick-colors-in

If you like full cheeks, but more blush on them, and pick a pinkish colour. It should work

• It sounds like you're really just kind of sick of make up. I don't like wearing it/caking it on. Have you considered just using toner, and touching up spots, using as little as possible?

Making your skin as healthy as possible so that very little make up is needed? I understand what you're getting at. I guess I am wondering what effect you are trying to achieve. What do you look like?

• Foundation is meant to make your face lit up and not dull. First of all, identify your skin type (I guess you've done it :D). To me I won't put in a lot of effort on makeup. A short 10 mins will do. What I did was I put on foundation, lipstick, mascara, sometime eyeliner. That's all. Short & simple. Most importantly, natural looking. :)

I would recommend Innisfree brand. Their products are natural & sweet, plesant smelling. You can try looking up for tutorials on youtube (idk what are the good ones because I don't watch, hopefully the commenters here can recommend you some), and then use Innisfee products. I believe you'll look dashing. xD

• Hi im fourteen so you will probably think i dont know much however my mum is a qualified MUA and has been for a very long time she is always doing my makeup for fun and coming home from work and teachibg me new stuff so here are some of my fave tips

i love love love bb cream and cc cream they give a good comfortbale coverage with a nice glow and not cakey at all, i like to wear these in summer as your skin feels fresh and clear, they are easily applied and do the same as foundation just not as good a coverage.

Beauty blenders are my go to makeup tool, brushes leave lines all over your face but beauty blenders leave a smooth equal amount of makeup on your creating a natural look ( wet it before use)

Bent mascara wands are amazing, it is proven that wands when bent give longer thick lashes, they are easier to get into corners and give those flirty cat eyes

My last tip would be balancing your face if yiu going to fill in your eyebrows dark do a natural eye and some lipgloss to draw attention to your eye area, if not do a dramatic eye eith some dark lips maybe so different features stand out. I have very pouty lips so i find red lipstick bring out my lips but i have very short eye lashes and thin eyebrows so i like to fill in my eyebrows aswell x

• I was going to post some nice advise but, after reading all the swearing, cussing, ungrateful, stuck up rant, I don't think you deserve advice.

• Waynegoss and nikkietutorials from youtube both have pretty great makeup tips, you can go learn from them both. Im surprised you dont like cheekbones, most women likes and wants them, thats shy there are contours to pop it out lol. Anyways, you can try moisturizing your face first, then after you're done applying face makeup and undereye makeup, finish it w powder to give it a matte look so your face won't be too shiny. As for your undereye, i wouldn't recommend using red color to cover it cause it can turn pink which means you either have to put more concealor on it or wipe it off. Just use a regular one for undereye or you can buy the pro concealor for undereye. Then after you finished applying, dap powder over it. Try using a sponge blender instead of brushes, i find those more useful and better results than using brushes.

• Okay you don't like foundation so why not try bb cream. You don't have acne so it's perfect for your type of skin. It gives you a bit of coverage while still protecting your skin. The best part is that it doesn't look Cakey, it's lightweight, and looks really natural. Plus it has sunscreen in it and other good stuff. Instead of using red to cover your eye circles try maybe a salmon or pinkish color. Don't put too much. Try getting brushes from mica beauty or something like that. They have brushes starting from 10ish or 15-25 and they're really soft and last a long time. For your Bonzer and contour maybe ask someone who works there to help you out. Always go lightly with how much you put on your brush. You can always build it up. Put your brush into your bronzer or contour shade then tap the brush on something to try to take most of the powder off the brush. If you have problems maybe go on YouTube and look up some videos or maybe go natural. Hope that helps.

• The quality of your makeup brushes have a huge impact on how your make up applies. If you can't afford high end, I recommend "Real Technique" brushes which you can find at Ulta and at SOME Walmarts. Theyre affordable but are such good quality.

And honestly, i dont do the "color correcting" concealing cuz it never works for me lol. Just buy a full coverage concealer like the L. A girl concealer (which is really good and can find at most Walgreens) and use a damp sponge like the Real Techniques sponge to blend it out on your eyelids and undereyes. You also want to remember to set it with a good translucent powder so it doesn't crease.

• for under my eyes i use a foundation stick as it doesn't give any bright coverage so it just evens out the skin tone and then i go over with brightening concealer.

• Here's the only tip you need:

Stop wearing makeup.

• I don't usually wear makeup unless it's a special occasion. But when I do I go light. Eyeshadow, blush, lipstick maybe even some mascara. I never use foundation just because my skin naturally oily and it never stays for too long.

• I know how to do my makeup pretty well if you need tips you're more than welcome to stop me a message. You can also try watching YouTube videos.

• You sound so mad 😅 chill girl. Maybe thats why your makeup won't do as you want , because you stress way to much 😖

• Try Michelle Phan on YouTube.

• I only add on simple. Lip gloss or stick, MAYBE a little blush and always mascara and maybe eyeliner. Just highlight your features, not remake them.

• damn girl.