Do you care what you look like at the gym?

• Nope. I pretty much throw on whatever old baggy sweats/t's and whatever sneakers I have, and go.Do you care what you look like at the gym?
  • A little. I try to wear gear specifically for whatever activities I'm doing from time to time, sometimes functionalDo you care what you look like at the gym?
  • I care. I make an effort to wear gym sets matching in colors/style, and function specific for what I'm doingDo you care what you look like at the gym?

Most Helpful Guy

• I bought the complete volt/black tracksuit so i guess C lol :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I train on my own, either in the house or outside. I don't go to the gym. But I still want to look awesome. Wearing my running clothes, my workout clothes or my dancing clothes, gets me more in the mood to exercise and boosts my confidence and helps me have a good workout.

What Guys Said 23

• What is with people caring about what they wear to the gym these days?

You're there to work, it's not a fashion show or a place to hook up.

I don't care what people think. I throw on a shirt with the sleeves torn off, some breathable shorts, and just go.

• No. I wear loose fitting basketball shorts and a shirt from my "Work/Gym clothes" pile. I have shoes that are specifically for the gym (Converse All-Stars, great for lifting). They used to be Town Shoes but they got worn out so they became Gym Shoes and I bought another pair of the exact same ones to be Town Shoes. And when the current Town Shoes wear out, they will become Gym Shoes and the current Gym Shoes will go in the trash.

• I wear a worn out shirt and some shorts/sweats that don't have holes in them.

I'll be sweating out those clothes anyway, and I always end up changing after i'm done anyways so I don't give a shit. ;-)

• I am definitely option A - Whatever is handy

• I would have to pick D. I have a home gym. Really it's just a weight bench on my deck (I have to keep the weights not on the bar inside because people steal them..) and a few barbells. I have those hand squeeze things as well..

• I'm not there to meet a mate; I'm there get rid of fat. :)

• No I don't care. I barely even go to the gym. I have a work out room in my apartment building, I just go there

• I have to feel comfortable, so I chose B. The first choice is if you are exercising outdoors in Alaska.

• In terms of clothes? No. You are meant to be there to work on yourself and so are they...

• Not particular no I'm there to train not walk down a fashion run way.

• I like to dress in comfortable, worn and beat up gear.. work out time is grimy time, I like to grind..

• no. i always looked like i was almost crying at the gym because of the intensity of the workout. i always look ugly as shit during workouts.

• I can play soccer in a spencer and jeans. It's only the shoes which got the power to me. If i can't run on that shoe i won't playing.

• I only work out when I'm naked

• Nope. I'm there to work out, not look for dates.

• I don't care as long as I look swol.

• Nope because I'm there to work out and I'm not interested in hookups/dates.

• I go in my gym outfit
    so yes

• i definitely care

• I dont go to the gym. I have equipment in my garage

• I generally wear for what type of activity that I'm gonna do

• Nope I always where a surplus army camo clothing

• Surely it's how you look outside that matters right?

What Girls Said 9

• Yes, I do, a lot. Not because I'm trying to be attractive to a guy or anything, but I know the better I look, the better I feel, and it makes me more confident at the gym. I noticed when I look good at the gym and feel cute, my workouts are a bit more intense. I'm not really sure why, though.

• 26d

I can understand both sides of the coin. I like to wear stuff that makes me feel good too, and conversely look good even though I'll just be sweating and exhausted by the end... but I get how for others they just want to get in, do the workout, don't care. I think guys a lot of times assume that the only reason we ever want to look good is for them, but as any woman can tell you, it's internal... as you say, you look good, you feel good, and that definitely can be motivation to spend a few extra minutes sweating it out.

• 26d

Men are funny like that. They don't understand that we don't have to look good for them to get them to look at us.

There's something about the gym that makes males so competitive. I've noticed that when I walk past a guy, they work out more intensely, flex, or just stare and pick up bigger weights. My friends have, too. Has nothing to do with attraction, just showing off their feathers to the female population like they're peacocks or something lol, and the hilarious part is that they don't even know they do it lol.

• 26d

Right you are! I used to workout at a gym which had a track that went all the way round the weight section, and without fail, that comical view of as you walk by guys are sucking it in or grunting harder or lifting heavier. It's funny, but literally when I'm sweating hard and hair is all matted to me, it's the last place I'd want to be like, so hi, how are you, want to go out.

• I go functional. After 15 min, you are sweating that hard that all efforts disappear. You go to the gym to workout, not to catch a date (although its nice if you get one :-) )

• Function first. That being said, I have to admit that I've bought workout clothes that I've custom designed myself. (To clarify, I row, and custom unisuits aren't a huge amount more than stock- maybe $75 vs $50.)

• I don't lol 😛

• nope ı dont care

• Not really. I am in the gym at 4 am

• I don't care just not sweats.

• Don't care. But I wouldn't be able to work out in sweats

• I wear black leggings and black stretch t shirts and my white neon striped running shoes. I can't say I really care but I guess my clothes match.