Ladies, how do you pick the color of bra to go with the clothes you are wearing that day?

Do you ever have to sacrifice the color of choice because of the style of bra you need? What is an example of that?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• Say you want to wear a white top. You can't wear a bright pink bra because it would show through the shirt, the best option would be a gray bra because it wouldn't be visible. Or say you have a new bra you want to try out that has cross cross straps, and you were going to wear a tube top. That tube top can't be worn with the new bra because the new bra would be visible. Unless none of that matters to you, that's how girls usually determine the bras and clothes they pick day to day (or at least that's how I do), excluding the days you just want to wear a clean bra with a big t shirt.

What Girls Said 11

• It depends what is going to show, I guess. With a singlety top or strappy dress, it's good if the straps match or the colour goes nicely together. If it's a tight top you want something smooth, coz lacy textures come across a bit lumpy. A v- neck might need something narrow at the front, so generally not an underwire. I never seem to see halter-neck bras at the shop, so I often end up wearing a bikini top as a bra... the bow shows at the top, but they're always a fun colour so I don't think it matters!

• I am a bra and panties matching kind of gal myself...

Why do you match those things compared to making sure your bra isn't showing through your top?

• I usually match the color of my bra to my panties most of which are either pink or black. I wear pink under light clothes and black under dark clothes.

• I just wear a white bra under white clothes, otherwise it doesn't matter. I don't really get what you mean by sacrificing color for the style. I mean the style of the bra doesn't really matter.

I mean like if you have a light colored low neck top, and instead of wearing a white bra you need to wear a darker colored plunge bra so it's not seen when out in public.

exactly!

@EpicureanHaven I wonder at times if women just don't care if their bra is shown through their clothes.

Would people not care so much if it wasn't socially looked down upon?

• If I need to wear a padded bra with a certain shirt I might wear a dif color if I can't find my mains, but I pretty much have the primary colors in both kinds of bras

• If I'm going to wear light colored clothing, or something that's a bit sheer, then I wear a bra that that's in the same color as my skin tone. That was an exception, otherwise I'll wear whatever color.

• If I'm wearing a white top, always a nude bra.
    Other than that, anything else is fine.

Why do ladies wear a white top with a white bra even if the bra still shows through?

• Depends on what top of top m wearing.
    For light color its always white. For dark either its matching or what feels sexy

Doesn't white still show through on some white?

Does the dark match the top or something else?

What kind of bras feel sexy to you?

• If I am out of matching colors I go bra less, easier and more comfy

Do you have to do anything different when you go braless that day? Or anything that you have to do to make sure that people can't tell you are braless?

• 26d

I hope I didn't make an ass out of myself there. LOL.

Is it also true that most ladies think that bras are "torture devices"?

• 23d

Yes they are I prefer to free the nipple concept

• It depends on how I'm feeling and what I'm wearing

• 2 colours black & beige nothing else is needed.