I was given a birthday gift, am I too old to wear something I think is cute?

Hi,
My birthday was last week (I just turned 22) and my friend got me this cute winter toque with small ears at the corners of the hat. It's a black knitted hat, very soft and comfy to wear, and i do like those small ears at the sides.
However i am worried i will look childish in it. I don't dress up much, i'm a home body and have a more easy going personality. I enjoy those little things, and this gift is something i like, but my sister (who is 27) says i'm too old to wear it. I told her i wouldn't wear it on dates or to work or at school, just in my free time for fun, but she dismissed that and told me to grow up. Even walking through college campus i see students my age wearing those hoodies with the animal ears, or cartoon character tops, so i didn't think it was a big deal..

I'm feeling terrible now, because i know i'm 22, and i do really like that hat but am i too old to wear it? I'd like other's opinions please.
Thanks guys and gals.

27d I would wear it, lol.
If you like it, and are comfortable wearing it around, then that's what matters. Your sister is quite a few years older than you, and maybe she doesn't see things the way you do. But i wouldn't be too concerned about her.
Enjoy your hat, wear what you'd like. :-)
27d Thank you to the person who sent me this through PM.
It helped, but next time please post to here so I can select it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Go for it: Anyone can wear cute things if they want to, including guys.

What Guys Said 4

• Nothing wrong with wearing cute things. Unless you're fat. Then there's no hope of being cute until you stop being fat.

Barring that, cute > anything else, every time.

• Why not? - Go for it

• Until you are like 60 you can wear cute stuff and it is good.

• You're still a kid to me so go for it 😊

What Girls Said 4

• sounds fine to wear tho

• I believe you should wear it because you like it and it sparks joy in you.

• U can wear it at home than!!! Happy late birthday!!

• I'm going to be 22 and I wear cute stuff and hair bows