Some people have told me I wear too much makeup?

I've been told I wear a lot of makeup by some people but I don't understand this because I only wear foundation, liquid eyeliner (nothing over the top or too much) and mascara. Explain this to me?

What Guys Said 3

• We probably need a pic - It sounds like maybe it is the way you apply it - Maybe ask an older female relative or older friend for help and advice.

• Maybe you don't apply it properly. I know somebody who wears the same makeup as you, but she puts on so much foundation powder that her face looks like fucking paper mache.

If that isn't the issue, perhaps you are just so naturally attractive that everyone assumes you are wearing more makeup than you actually are 😛

• Can't tell without seeing and I have no idea wtf 2/3 of those are.. Slight grasp of mascara.

What Girls Said 17

• Maybe you pack it on too heavy. Foundation can easily look cakey if done wrong which can look like to much. Mascara can also be overdone. And depending on your eyeliner, can look like to much. Makeup is meant to be fun but not overdone daily. It is meant to look natural. Maybe, switch to a bb cream, go lighter on the Mascara (Should not look clumpy or like spider legs lol), and eyeliner should just be slightly done. But, this is just my opinion. Do what you will. After all, it is your face 😊

• They sounds Rude and crude.
    Unless they are your Mother, Bestie friend or Even Someone Whom You Asked for "My Own Opinion," Look in the Mirror and you Decide... What to Wear and What to Hide. xx

• I think it depends, some foundations aren't the right kind for certain skins and look cakey. however its not too much

• Try a beauty blender (Ulta's version of it is great if ya wanna save money). It'll make your makeup look less cakey

• I don't know maybe you overdo your makeup

• Do what makes you happy.

• When they say you wear too much makeup they usually mean you don't apply it well. As in the foundation might look cakey or uneven, and the eyeliner is wobbly or something. There's nothing for this, really, except to practice a lot.

• 0|0
  • Maybe your foundation is too cakey, making it look heavy

• You can wear only 3 products, but you could wear too much of one product.

• they be jealous.. you do you

• Tell them they have too much time to be making these comments. Do whatever makes you happy.

• It's not what you wear, it's how you apply it.

• You could just put it on in a way that makes it look like too much. I only wear eye makeup and people tell me I wear a lot, but really, my eyeshadow is just dark. It doesn't really matter what other people think of your makeup though.

• Who cares. Makeup is so cool! 🎨

• I think it's perfect.. well did you match your foundation shade with your skin tone?

• You're probably just really pretty lol