Should I dye my hair??

So I've always wanted to dye my hair but never have. My mom isn't holding me back, she actually encourages it and says I can go with whatever color I want. The only thing holding me back is my natural hair color. I love my hair. Its red hairdressers always tell me its so pretty and stuff but I'm so tired of it. Its such a hassle sometimes too. The clothing I wear has to look nice with my hair or I look washed out and a mess. I'm really pale too so I don't think I'd be able to dye my hair blond.

so my questions for you..

should I dye my hair?

if so, how much? Like the underneath or highlights or tips or all or something?

what color?

oh and I should probably get it cut too so if you have a certain style that would look nice please let me know.

link

this link is a picture of my hair so you can use that if you need to :)

So I'm thinking that I'm gonna not dye my hair. at least not yet. I don't wanna risk messing it up or anything and I can't afford to get it done professionally. so at least for the time being I'm gonna stay red!

Most Helpful Girl

• Your natural hair is a pretty color, but if you want it changed I have a few suggestions. First is that really dark hair makes you look washed out too. Secondly...

A richer red would be pretty:

link

link

A light, dark brown (I know, oxymoron) would be pretty:

link

link

No matter what color you choose, if you do it yourself then I like this brand: link

This is just my opinion, of course. You're pretty so I think you have a lot of options. I like your profile pic, btw.

• I forgot to say, I agree with others that your natural hair is really pretty. I gave you the suggestions about because you wanted to know what other colors would be good. But if I (ME) were YOU, I'd keep my natural color... A lot of red-heads would kill to have yours. If it was ME, I'd just get a different haircut. A haircut can make all the difference. I think bangs across your forehead would look really pretty. They don't have to be the blunt kind, but straight, soft bangs would be cute too.

• Thanks, this really helped alot. I'm not sure if I'm totally willing to dye my hair. I was almost thinking to just do some tips in a bright color (It would probably semi permanent). :)

What Guys Said 3

• Please dont. At least not blonde. Everyone and their mother is blonde. I think your natural shade is quite brilliant, but if you're gonna dye it, try something more striking maybe, or something ridiculously natural. Or any shade that isn't blonde :P Of course that's just my opinion

• I'm pretty much against going blonde, it would wash me out. The only way I'd go blond if my hair color fades like my moms did. She had red hair as a kid but as she got older and with each kid she had she slowly lost her red and now its super blonde. I'm really hoping this doesn't happen to me :/

• Sounds interesting, hard to visualize without pictures. But if nothing else, it is just hair, and can always grow and be restyled! Experiment (and post results!)

• Will do thanks for the help

• I wouldn't if I were you. Your hair is very pretty. Plus, girls with natural hair are hotter than the fake colors anyways. This applies to nearly all women.

• I like red hair, so I'm glad your not changing it. Viva la Ginger!

What Girls Said 9

• I agree with what everyone has said - your hair is beautiful! And it definitely complements your skin tone and facial features beautifully.

What you might consider doing -- and you'll need to check with your stylist -- is possibly just lightening the red up a little bit, and making it a little more strawberry, with some of your natural red lowlights left.

I think you might really enjoy a slightly shorter cut - just at or above the shoulders, with a little piecy sort of layering for volume and shape. :)

• I really don't think you should. I think it's really, really pretty. But, then, I kind of have a thing for girls with red hair, and I don't really like it when people make their hair look unnatural, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask. I really do think it suits you, though.

• Really, I wouldn't dye it! You have a natural red tone in ur hair

and you will look funny with every other colour. It suits you and ur skin

is perfect with it! Be glad about ur haircolour, there are many girls

with this funny dark blond tone that has to be dyed or it looks like

a mop head! Urs is nice.

If you like, then let them cut ur hair a bit layered and wear an asymmetric

fringe like that link

tho you shouldn't cut ur hair shorter!

U have a rather short and round face, it will look too compact with shorter hair.

It needs long hair to balance the shape.

• I must say. I do like the idea for the hair cut. I have such trouble finding a hair cut that will suit me. I've done multiple layers, long layers, and a short bob (I was like 7 hehe -.-). most of my problem comes from the fact that my hair has started to get a natural curl to it and it's not one of the easy to control or pretty kind. its a frizzy mess. I don't know how the curl came about though, I'd always had pin straight hair and all of a sudden one day it was curly

• If there's no one in ur family who is "responsible" for ur curly hair,

it could be caused by hormones.

The body is changing completely every 7 years and it can happen

that the texture of ur hair is changing then. Can also happen to the

eyecolour ;)

• Hm I never knew that. guess you learn something new everyday :)

• I don't think you should dye it. I think it looks really good on you. Plus I find when most people dye there hair it causes a lot of damage to it. And other unnecessary problems. So just leave it natural :). If you want just get a few high lights or something to put it in it if you want to change it up, but don't dye all of it cause it's such a rare hair color to have. So why change it? Stay different and flaunt your color the way it's supposed to be! :)

• your hair--omg! it is one of the most beautiful shades of red I have seen! you should be proud-- but I have had the same delimma... if you have the need for a change go ahead. if you feel you don't like the change ask your stylest to use a color that will wash out in six weeksish or semi permanent if they don't have that option there are color removers you could use but blonde is a sure sign of underachevement (personaly that's what I'm consitered "oh she's brunette but she blonde") but you would look good as a dark brunette with a red tint--- still keeping the balence between your skin and hair color... furthermore resolving your clothing delimma

• I really like the idea's of semi permanent dye's. It seems to be the only way to get my hair back if I don't like it. I really like the idea of color's and the scene look really interests me but its not something I could pull off. I love all the color's they have. :)

• don't go blond because it looks really bad when your hair starts to grow out. I think your natural hair colour is beautiful don't dye your hair. after awhile your hair will start to fall out because of the hair dye.

i've dyed my hair a lot and I mean a lot and the dye thins your hair.

• Dont dye it. I started messing with my natural hair color and I kinda regret it now.

• That's what I'm afraid of! ugh the dilemmas of a female.

• Ever since I've dyed mine brown I can't decide if I want to go even darker or back to blonde. Being a guys would be ssooooo much easier!!! But if you really want to dye your hair I would stick with shades that are red or have a hint of red, they will most likely look the best on you :)

• I bet the red is cute but keep in mind you can always dye it back!

• pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseee don't

it's so pretty

i dyed my hair. now I miss it.