Girls, what is your opinion on schools making us wear skirts for the school uniform with no other options?

Do you think we should be allowed to have the option of been able to wear pants as well or just skirts only like most schools do? What are your thoughts on having to wear really flowy skirts? Any suggestions to getting around having to wear a skirt?

What school uniforms have you had to wear?

My school uniform we have to these flowy skirts all year round that go to just above the knee and I don't really want to wear a skirt everyday at school, I do get around this a bit by wearing spandex shorts under my skirt.

8

What Girls Said 8

• I think that uniforms are a good idea, but you should have a pants option, as well as a skirt.
    Not all girls are comfortable in a skirt.

When I was in school, we only had dress codes that said things like no shorts/skirts that can't go passed your finger tips, or thin strapped shirts. No saggy pants for boys. I wish we had had uniforms, though, because SO many kids got in trouble for wearing "inappropriate" clothing. They would be sent home to change, and sometimes suspended for the day. Ridiculous in my opinion.

• Sounds like a private or parochial school. Wouldn't bother me, as I tend to wear a dress or skirt most days anyway-always have. However, I understand your dilemma about feeling boxed in, fashion wise.

• 21d

I go to a catholic school but even the public schools where I live you have to wear uniforms and they all make you wear a skirt

• 20d

Hate wearing skirts that much? Might want to try and organize a student group of representatives, get signatures and politely approach the school administrators about reaching some kind of compromise.

• Yeah, I do not agree with that! it's a forced gender stereotype, and sexual discrimination.

• I love it, cause that's what I dealt with in school but our uniforms were kinda cute

• I think school uniforms are one of the dumbest ideas on the planet and if I was forced to wear a skirt everyday I would drop out

• 21d

All the high schools where I live all have school uniforms and all of them you have to wear a skirt

• I feel sorry for you, uniforms are ugly!!

• There should definitely be a pants option.

• That takes away from your freedom and rights away. I would say who runs your school are idiots.