Girls, Exfoliating and moisturizing not enough?

So, I am going out for my dad's birthday soon with him, and I'm probably going to wear makeup, since I don't get a chance to wear it often. I'm usually stuck inside due to my illness and pain.

The problem is, whenever I put on foundation, you can see flakes of my skin, espeically along my forehead. I have a pretty basic skincare routine using Lush products, I exfoliate Tuesday and Friday, and moisturize afterwards, as well as on any days where my skin feels pretty dry. So exfoliating is 1-2 times a week, and moisturizing is 2-4 times a week. I also use hydrating witch hazel toner - dilated with water- 3 times a week. I use a normal cleanser 2 times a week. My acne is a lot better than it ever used to be, but the flakey skin on my forehead just won't go away!

I have 4 different brands of foundation, and it's the same with all of them, and I can even usually see the skin without makeup, but it's brought out even more when I wear foundation.

Any tips?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd moisturise after you cleanse your face morning and night, and if it's still dry tone down the exfoliation to once a week and see if that helps.
    Also make sure your using products specific to your skin type - my skin is oily in my tzone but my brows and sides get so so dry so I use a different moisturiser on those areas

What Girls Said 3

• You moisturize twice a day everyday, in the morning and at night. And I'm not sure why your cleansing and toning routine is like that, but you should tone right after you cleanse.

• before putting on makeup put a lot of moisturizer
    or apply oil/ grapeseed oil is fine

• You should not be exfoliating that often!!! You are distorting your skin! Find an organic soap that is high in oil content to help with the dry skin. Your skin will only continue to be more dry the more you exfoliate