What do you think of this for an interview of an everyday job?

• change shirt
  • change jeans
  • change shoes
  • you're fine
  • you're fine but add a black tie
26d Shirt too big? Different color? No pocket?
25d More so, should the jeans or the shirt go?
17d Anyone else want to vote? ;)
14d Thanks for all of the votes.

Most Helpful Girl

• This outfit looks casual vs suit and tie. Im assuming this isn't like a business type of job ex. Executive, VP, Law Firm). The outfit looks fine but not super professional. I would say get some dress slacks and a suit jacket. I know it can be a headache dressing for interviews. But sometimes you want to make sure the gave the interview your very best so that you can get it. Thats all.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on th what job brotha. Change the shirt color, throw on some slacks/dress pants, grab a decent watch. If you have time, go to express, they'll hook you up and they always have deals. (You'll spend $60ish on an outfit that you'll also find useful in the future also)

• 24d

I forgot the watch! Thanks for reminding me.

What Girls Said 14

• It is always better to dress up than down. You look good. You could add a tie to really show that you want the job. It wouldn't hurt!

• classy a. f.

• 24d

lol I wouldn't say that... but thank you none-the-less. ;) :)

• Pants are way too tight
    wear dress pants instead of jeans
    Wear some color so you don't look like you're attending a funeral.

• very nice. i hope you get the job.

• I think you look awesome! I don't know where you're going to work and what dress code they have there but if its business casual you're totally fine, may be put on a tie for the interview

• Do I'll have slacks instead is the jeans and maybe a different color shirt so it's not so much black or dark colors all together?

• 27d

I do but they're from a while ago when I weighed 30lbs more so they're kind of baggy on me.

• 27d

Well do you at least have another color shirt? Or are they too big almos

• It's okay

• Change the colour of the shirt and you will be fine

• 24d

Was thinking blue.

• Looks fine to me

• What's an "everyday job"? That would pretty much dictate if the clothes are right or not?

• 25d

A job that doesn't require you to wear dress clothes every day.

• 17d

You're so damn vague in your jobs description it kind of difficult to actually help.

• 17d

I'm trying to go for machine rentals or machine operator/driver.

• Pants look a little too tight there. Pick a bigger one, unless you're like, a 17 yo emo kid...

• Looks like you're going to a funeral with all that black.

• 24d

I am... the funeral of an interview...'cause I'm gonna kill it! hahah

• you look awesome

• Yea, you look good. Really good.

• 24d

Thanks. :)

• 23d

To be honest though, I just say that as a girl. I don't know if the outfit itself is ok, I think it is, but just that you personally look good in it, like your body looks good under it... so if it's a female interviewer, you've probably got the job haha.

• 23d

mmm, good to know. ;)

What Guys Said 19

• Too much black.

I would either change into tan pants or keep the pants and wear a white/blue shirt.

• Change the shirt man and get a jacket.

• You should generally dress better for an interview than you would daily at the job you plan to work. If you're looking to work at starbucks then wearing all black like that will fit in, just throw a green apron on the guy and teach him how to use a cash register. If you're interviewing for a professional job, throw on a suit and tie and shine your shoes...

• 25d

I guess you didn't read the headline.

• 24d

I'd be surprised if you actually tied those shoes yourself.

• 24d

I didn't, I had your mom do it for me.

• i think everything being the same color is a little unfortunate. i think you should go for a different color shirt. maybe something brighter. if it´s just an everyday job, go without a tie, cause that would be overkill.

• 25d

I was thinking a tie would be overkill myself. Maybe brown or blue shirt? I'll look for a pocket-less one too. I feel like the one on this shirt is too big. :\

• 25d

avoid brown

• 25d

the pants are totally fine. shoes and belt too. just change the shirt for something better and you´re good.

• first off set it all on fire!! second go invest in a pair of nice tailored pants and shirt.. Ok but for real you need to go get a tailored shirt (no pocket) and pants and try not to go with the johnny cash look.. Grey Pants and a white shirt (this is whats acceptable) and id also recommend a NICE tie please do yourself a favor and get something thats not wrinkled.. also get see bout some oxfords.. first impression is everything and it does not matter if its a job as a Car salesmen or something more.. you need to look good!

• Not feeling it. The shirt looks like it doesn't fit you correctly. Get it tailored. The belt looks cheap.. as if you would put it on a regular outfit. Not business attire by any means. Shoes look like those waterslip resistant shoes I wore at pizzahut back in the day. Pants seem to fit you well though.

• 24d

It's a $30 belt.

• 24d

I have a thinner black one that is a dress belt but it only looks nice with slacks, hence why I didn't match it with the pants in the pic.

• You need a bit of color in there. I'll second the slacks or suggest khaki type pants at least. I've only ever shown up for one interview without a suit and tie, and that was as a wrecker operator.

• Loose the skinny jeans.

• 17d

You say all of these insulting things about me in MY question. Yet... you keep coming back. You chose to respond, you chose to keep commenting.
      Don't worry about WHY I wrote something after whatever amount of days, it's my question. What do you care? Oh right, because you have no life and you think you're intelligent and your opinion is gold and is the only one and matters the most. RIGHT!
      Fact, they may be a little too tight, but they're not even skinny jeans. They're slim fit.
      They're Express, completely appropriate for someone my age. Although, you clearly can't afford them with your $15 over sized jeans.
      I have no problem with diverse opinions, when you come at someone with "boss" now you're just being a condescending douche bag. You're the one that started shit, not me and you're...35... LOL.< Sad part.
      If someone wears something that YOU wouldn't, deal with it. Why do you cry and care so much? Are we dating? No. Am I paying your bills/ vice versa? No. So why do you care SO much?

• 17d

PS, your grammar and spelling are shit, especially for 35.
      But hey, you're magical and know everything and your opinion is factual, always.
      Good luck in life, boy are you going to need it.

• You look fine mate

• You want the job? Dress up. Invest in a nice tailored suit.

• I don't like the shirt pocket, it looks super dated to me... but that's really just aesthetics, the outfit looks fine for the job interview.

• 24d

I'm not crazy about the pocket either. :/

• 13d

Well did you get the job?

• 11d

I applied to a few recently. I should be hearing back in a few days.

• white shirt

• I usually wear my nicest plaid shirt, a good pare of jeans, and clean my boots.

• Tie different color shirt and a pants other than jeans

• 25d

So change everything then? lol

• looks cool man

• Not a bad choice

• Is starbucks hiring?

• 25d

Kid, you don't even have a job. Walmart turned you down.

• 24d

To what shirt?

• 24d

Blue shirt.

• General office work no.

If you're applying to be a waiter, sure.

• I'd go with a black tie. Or maybe a blue dress shirt with a tie.

• 24d

I was thinking a blue shirt.