Girls, what's the longest you can wear high heels for? How do you cope when they get too painful?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the heels and how uncomfortable or comfortable they are. If they're very uncomfortable, walking around for 15 mins can make my feet start hurting but, just sitting there is ok. If they're really tight, even sitting can be uncomfortable. If they're comfortable, I can probably go all day on and off sitting. These normally have a smaller heel~less than 2 inches. Three or more tends to be an exponential downward slope in how long I can stand walking in them.

If I know I will only be a little longer, I'll bare the pain. If I get blisters, I'll find a bandaid and maybe some duct tape. If it's a long time, and I have blisters, I'd rather go barefoot or see if anyone has a spare pair of shoes.

• How does the duct tape help? Keeping it on your foot?

• Putting it both on the blister and on the part that was causing the blister. It also helps if you know the shoes will give you blisters, and just putting them on before it happens. A sanitary pad also works if there's no duct tape.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 19

• Depends on the heel height and the quality of the shoes. Cheap shoes hurt, plain and simple. So do monstrously high heels, especially after long hours. As long as I buy quality high heels and limit the heel height to 4", for the most part, I can wear them all day.

• All day is fine, if you take them off before you're done for the day your feet swell and it's so much more painful putting them back on

• I used to wear high heels daily since I was young and later on it cause posture and feet issues. I was able to wear them for an hour max before they got really sore.

I have not worn heels since. Not worth it.

• I faceplant within the first 5 minutes

• Does it put you off wearing them or do you get back up and try again?

• I'm not sure exactly how long... sometimes on nights out. ..5/6 hours. .. might take off but if with a boyfriend try not to...

• Do you take other shoes with you in case you have to take them off?

• Probably carry around. . or if at a party leave work bag etc

• Leave with I meant

• up to maybe 4 hrs, i just tough out the pain as long as i can before i have to take them off

• like 2 hours lol

• I don't wear heels

• 5-7 hours 😏

• I've had to wear heals for 9 hours straight. And the best things I found that helps is a nice hot bath.

• I don't wear heels. I look like a baby giraffe trying to walk in them. If I ever am forced to wear them (I'm a dancer and for performances our shoes have 2 in heels), I always bring an extra pair of super comfy shoes to change into.

• A day

• I don't wear high heels. Stupid invention ever

• It depends if I have to walk long distances or if I am sitting.

• Let's say in a bar or nightclub, so some sitting some standing and some dancing

• I would probably resist all night.

• I dont know.. i really dont wear it unless i really have to.

• Like 5 hours

• About 3/4 hours and try not to think about it or wear comfortable heels with padding

• about 12 minutes then i start to lose it

• I don't know I don't wear heels.