Girls, puffy morning eyes and what to do about it?

Almost every time I get up I look like somebody has been hitting me in the eyes whole night. It doesn't matter if I got enough sleep or not, sometimes it seems like they are bigger if I get more than enough sleep and I don't know what to do about it. I've tried washing my face with cold water and putting a spoon in the freezer over night and then putting it on my morning eye bags. It helps a little, but then they become reddish. I swear they are in 3D lol, and it's not dark circles, it's puffiness. They are gone after 30min-1.5hr, but I can't wake up 3 hours before I have to get to work just so I wouldn't look like a heroin junkie :D I've considered that maybe the fact that I drink water during the night might be the reason, due to water retaining, but I'm not sure. Did any of you have the same problem? What did you do about it? Is there any medical explanation for this?

By the way I don't want to conceal them, I want to get rid of them. It's something similar to this so you can know what I am talking about:

16

Most Helpful Girl

• Fat Deposits. I have Friends and Family members who have this. Not much you Can do.
    However, Smooth them Over with at Least a Little Good Eye Cream, you can Buy at the Store, that may Help somewhat a little More. xx

• damn it :/ thanks for the answer anyway, I'll try it! :)

• Oh, so welcome, hun!! xxoo

• Thank you for the Vote of Confidence, hun, and best of Luck. It is "Baby oil" with aloe and cocoa Butter in those Tubes, clear like, that are IN the baby aisle, but Vaseline comes in Cocoa butter in the Tubs, along with Regular Vaseline as well. xxoo

Sponsored

What Girls Said 15

• Could it be from eating too much carbs at night or just in general?

• Hm... I never considered this to be a factor, but I'll try not to eat carbs for dinner and to see if there's difference. Thanks for your opinion anyway :)

• Drink water but try to cut on sodium intake. Or at least, cut it before you go to bed and such.
    Try chamomille tea bags
    And the stuff everyone else mentioned.

• use cold water its gonna reduce puffiness

• I used to bathe mind with cold water, however @bente2 has come up with an excellent suggestion, I wish I had thought of that years ago.

• I wash my face with cold water and do the frozen spoons trick but they are still there. I wish there is some way to prevent this from happening at all :/

• Some people swear by preparation h but I

• Try a cold gel eye mask

• Freeze two spoons overnight and put those on your eyelids for up to ten mins.

• I did that and it somewhat helps, but I would like them not to appear at all :/ Sometimes this trick does the work when they aren't that big, but if they are frozen spoons don't help that much :(

• Put a cold wash cloth on them in the morning or before you go to bed at night.

• I use ice... and a cool wash cloth. Cold tightens pours...

• Put ice on them

• i heard that you should avoid drinking water before bed

• That kinda happens to me to but it's my whole face lol I hate it so much.

• Cold spoon under your eye for two mins

• I do the cold spoon thing or just cold cold cold wet cloth. Or I got this puffy eye cream in some kit before. There are gels and creams for it.

• i put on so much concealer that people think i am a doll