Can a permanent tattoo get removed?

What Girls Said 5

• Technically, yes, you can get a tattoo removed. I think that it involves lasers to break up and lift out the ink in the skin and usually does help remove the tattoo but it's expensive and painful and sometimes won't work if the ink was put in too deep or the tattoo is too dark. There's also the option of a cover up tattoo, but again, this only works for some tattoos, if the tattoo is really big nd dark, it's difficult to come up with something to tattoo over it effectively.

• Well yes, but there are many cons to remove a tattoo like it leaves a scar and cost more money. I love my tattoos, so I will never get them remove.

• Nope you will never ever get rid of it. 😈 Seriously now can't you google that 😋

• Yerp

• That is possible but very expensive.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes :). They use laser to heat up one side of the ink really fast and it breaks the big pieces down because of the expansion on one side and it's still cool on the other. Then your white bloodcells eat the ink and you shit it out ^^. I saw a video about how it works its actually quite interesting. That's also why tattoos fade over time. The body is fighting the ink and dragging it away and only the chunks that are too big for the white bloodcells to eat remain.

• Yes, you can but it leaves a scar. If you have medium toned skin (asian, latin) then the scar looks worse than the tattoo.
    If you are black then don't bother because you can't even barely see tattoos of black people anyway. lol

It's better to get a tattoo covered (re-tattooed)

• Yes but it's extremely expensive. If possible I'd advise you to just maybe cover it up with another tattoo if it isn't too big.

• I believe there is either surgery or some sort of laser to remove it. I dont know what its called but some research can help

• yeah, but it may or may not be worth it.

• With Laser Tattoo Removal.

• Yes but it costs a lot more money than getting the tattoo.

• with a surgery yes

• I'm sure it's not truly permanent, at least not anymore since there are many methods that would have them removed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo_removal