Girls, How can I dye my hair red without any damage?

And don't say Kool-aid lol.

8

What Girls Said 8

• Apparently some salons have access to this additive, Ola-plex?, or something. They add it to their hair dye and supposedly it's formulated to bleach/dye hair with minimal damage. If you have naturally light hair (light brown or lighter) and you want to dye it red, you won't really damage it too much anyways (minimal peroxide to open up cuticles and stuff) because that kind of dye is just depositing color particles. But if you have to bleach your hair, it depends on how dark your natural hair is and the texture and stuff. Bleaching then dying kills your hair and I'd honestly suggest a salon for that.
    I bleached my own hair (did this ombre thing) from straight black (chinese) and it took me 2 passes. First one I did and every like, 3 days after for 2 weeks I did a coconut oil soak for my hair, hoping it wouldn't hate me too much. Then I bleached it again and I do a coconut oil wrap every week or so and after washing it I use this argon/coconut oil mix.

• Depends on how light ur hair is already, what previous colors or chemicals have u put on it before, the shade of red ur going for, the condition of ur hair right now...

• Henna hair dye

• Spray paint

• get a good hair dye than treat it like your baby

• First off what color is your natural hair color? if it is light blond or light brown, you dont have to do anything. if its dark then you have to bleach it

• The Dye itself shouldn't damage your hair it's usually the bleach that damages it. If you have lighter hair the red will show up better the darker it is the less it'll show up, with that Idea in mind you should be fine pick your dye wisely though don't get splat it will never come out completely in the long run you'll just have to cut the color off and don't get manic panic it's a waste of money it washes out really quickly I had dyed mine and went to the beach it was out within two days:-p

• There will be damage, no matter what. Is your hair brown, blonde or black right now? Anyway, if your goal is to dye it red, you should avoid washing your hair. If you wash your hair often, the redness in your hair will start fading away soon. Red is probably the most difficult colour to maintain.