How do you use coconut oil and argan oil?

ok guys i really wanna fix my hair! its damage and dry and looks ugly! ... tried to search on youtube but people have so many diff opinions! some say mix them together some say dont! who to beleive? do you guys use it... if so how u use it? have u seen any change? pls i really wanna know this! thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• Im very experienced with damaged hair and oils! First of all coconut oil should only be used for deep conditioning and only on the scalp and roots of the hair and argon oil can be used on the rest of the hair... what i recomend you should do is wash your hair less frequently instead of everyday do every 3 days honestly it will be worth it just dont get your hair wet, because you should let the oils work their way through your hair. After you have a shower let your hair dry naturally as blowdry can cause heat damage which we dont want in this process... once your hairs all dried up comb it through, and once thats done use coconut oil and apply a fair amount on the scalp and massage it in your scalp once that is equally distributed apply to the roots of the hair. Once your finished with the coconut oil your pretty much done just get a little argon oil and put it in your hands and run your hands through the rest of your hair. This is called deep conditioning which should be done only ONCE a week. However you should apply argon oil every 1/2 days depending on how damaged your hair is. Your hair may look oily but its worth it for the long run trust me.. and do it before you go to bed as by thetime you wake up the oils have already been consumed by your hair so it looks less oily. You should see results by the end of week 2 and you can keep on doing this for as long as you want but i do recommend at least 1 month of this process to maintain a damaged hair and get it back to its natural health.

• 12d

thank you madam ill try to follow your tips

What Girls Said 21

• I've used both argan and coconut oil before. First, you should try to do so in small portions and start with the root on down. Be on the look out for side effects such as itchiness. As itching is a sign that your scalp is allergic to the product. Next mix the two products together. Massage it into your hair. You can also use hot oil treatment as well, which works better with either or that you decide to use. The one that worked for me better is using grapeseed oil, which is a lot lighter on my hair. Argan and coconut oil are too heavy to use. But all you can do is try. They all have benefits. But you must find the one that works best for your hair and scalp.

• Coconut oil
    -Massage a generous amount on your scalp. Make sure to get all the roots and the ends of your hair
    -leave in for a 15-30 minutes
    -wash off

Argan oil
    -After washing the coconut oil off your hair, put a decent amount on your hands, rub your hands together, and then brush your hair by combing your hair with your finger tips/palm.

That's pretty much it

• someone suggested to me to use coconut oil because i was trying to make my hair thicker. i put it in everyday for 5 days of the week, with a shower cap on because it's difficult to sleep in. just remember to wash it out in the morning, and put the oil back in at night. the other two days, you just leave it to itself. let the natural oils take over your hair. repeat every week. i have never used the other oil, but the coconut oil seems to be working just fine. my hair is also growing faster.

• coconut oil- hair, skin, and can be eaten
    argan oil- hair

yes I have seen great changes. I use it daily. My hair and skin are more moist and soft.

• It's good to mix them actually because you get the benefits of both oils. They're both natural ingredients, so you don't have to worry about the quantity or mixing and matching other natural ingredients. Coconut oil is slightly better. It's very well reputed, people swear by it all the time. Olive oil is good too for damaged hair. Put the oils in a bowl and then put the bowl in a casserole of hot water, and have your own hot oil treatment.

• I sometimes mix the two, though they can easily be used separately. Coconut oil really helps if you want to keep your hair soft and easy to manage.

• I've heard that the most effective is castor oil and its cheap (at least in Greece). You put a little bit in a small cup then put the cup into a bigger cup with hot water but be careful not to get any moisture in the oil. You do that so the castor oil (which is very thick) will be warmed up and so it's gonna be easier to apply. Then with your fingers you put it at your hair (every part of your hair if it's very damaged) and leave it 4-8 hours. Then wash it (prefer a shampoo with natural ingredients). This will also help your hair grow quicker.

• I just put the coconut oil in my hair and leave it on for an hour and then take a shower. Apply it when your hair is dry so it can really absorb it.

• I usually rub Argan oil into my ends after drying my hair after having washed it & coconut oil is a kind of conditioner that I apply on my wet hair and rinse out later (haven't really used coconut oil for that purpose in ages though). If your hair is short I wouldn't recommend using either of those though as they'll just make your roots look greasy af.

• What's your hair texture?

• 12d

curly hair

• 12d

thank you madam

• 12d

You're very welcome hon.

• I have this Argon Oil shampoo and conditioner plus leave in spray by Ogx and it works wonders! I had terrible dry hair and now my hair is super silky.

• basically what we do is put some coconut oil in our hair, massage it into the scalp and we leave it for at least 2 hours.

My sister and some other family members even leave it on overnight.

And then shower and wash your hair with shampoo.

don't put hot water on your hair though. Keep it cold. and use a foaming shampoo.

as for argan, I have yet to use it since a lot of Moroccans said it's pretty good.

But I heard that argan oil is great for under eye

• 12d

thank youu i will try it

• I only use coconut oil. I've never used argan oil before. I normally saturate my hair with coconut oil for an hour and wash normally. I do this treatment about once a month.

• I make chocolate with coconut oil. mmmm

• My suggestion?

Go to a salon. Get a trim, ask for advice, and follow accordingly.

• only used coconut oil in the following ways:
    1) as a conditioner
    2) heat protectant for those rare occasions i heat dry my hair
    3) overnight hair mask - mix one part castor oil with one part coconut with a few drops of tea tree oil. massage into the scalp, especially along hairline. put shower cap. rinse out. once or twice a week.

i notice my hair is shinier when i use it.

• You could use either. I wouldn't say mix. I use aragan oil and love it. Maybe invest in a conditioner with argan oil in it.

• The best results I obtained when I left the castor oil over night x when you wash your hair in the morning, you'll be able to tell the difference.

• I think coconut oil helps hair grow

• You can't repair damage, it has to grow out. How you use the oil depends on your hair... That's why there are so many different opinions. Different things work for different people, and you'll only know what works for you by experimenting.

• You should cut it all. Your a man so even if you are hairless for a week or more nobody will care. Plus your hair wouldn't be damaged anymore.
    My hair was damaged and I cut it very short.

What Guys Said 1

• apply them by massaging and make them stay at least 2 hours