Why do I look so young?

So just by looking at my profile picture, we'll base this question on that. I get told by a lot of strangers that I look like a 9th grader. It makes me mad because I'm going to be 20 in August and I would like to look my age. But a lot of strangers always tell me that I look like a kid. I hate that SO MUCH! Is it the braces? The stud earrings? What the hell is it? Is there a way that I can possibly look more my age. By the way I'm 5'11 and 130 lbs so they think I'm just a super tall kid. Help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe you just have a baby face. I do...I'm 20, and people think I'm 14-16...my boyfriend REALLY has a baby face, he's 21, and he has been mistaken for 13...lol Yeah, it gets kind of annoying...but since you're still around the age where you dress sexy, you're gonna look young. Embrace it, you can't change it, so hey...at least you will look young when you are older. You may even look 20 when you're 40! How about that? right? :) anyways, as far as for now...you can try and look at magazines of models who have "older looking hair cuts" and change your hair style. The most effective would be to dress older, but, like I said, people from 14-24 usually dress about the same...so can't help there much. Sorry. Hope you have better luck in the future.

What Guys Said 2

• Yea I think you are pretty and yea you do look younger than 20. But its better to look younger than older. So I look at it as a good thing

• being young isn't a bad thing, I think you look good.

What Girls Said 2

• you actually look your age to me

• you just have a youthful looking face, nothing wrong with that

Yes braces can make you look much younger. When people think of braces they usually think of teenagers so if you already look young, it adds to it.

Being slim can make you look a lot younger too. I'm a little heavyset but when I lose weight it's like years shave off my looks.

Be happy that you look young! It might frustrate you , but think of it this way...would you rather be 20 years old and look OLD? Where I live, there has been a huge meth epidemic so I often see people in their early 20s look like they are in their mid to late 30s like life has just kicked their ass. Be thankful for your youthful looks, trust me its a blessing