What makes a girl look "fake"?

I've heard from some people I know that at first when they saw me they thought I looked stuck up and fake purely from my appearance. I asked did I give a dirty look or something but they said no & that I was my usual smiley self. But for some reason they still thought I looked false & like I love myself.

In your opinion what makes a girl look "fake" or "false & stuck up"?

And if you can be bothered to head over to my profile & click view icon, do you think I look false & why?

Most Helpful Guy

• The long blond hair might be the biggest reason why people would think that you have a "fake" personality. That look is associated with superficial snobs, particularly Paris Hilton. It all boils down to the fact that you have long blond hair, a great body, and wear makeup.and since most girls in that position have a tendency to be fake and bitchy, unfortunately the common response is to think that all girls like that are fake and bitchy.

That being said, I think there is a lot to be said for a person's demeanor when it comes to the initial impression. Sure your looks will form part of the impression, but how you approach people and act will help determine their impression. If you walk up with a smile on and tell a joke or are laughing, they'll be more likely to realize that you're unassuming, not fake. However, you can't rely on an extended period of time to prove an impression, since people will generally form an opinion of someone within seconds of meeting them.

Just be yourself, and I'm sure that people will realize that you're not fake. And if they don't, maybe they weren't worth impressing anyway, haha.

What Guys Said 5

• Hmmm.it seems you got a lot of eyeliner and maybe a bit too much make up? Upon first appearances, if a girl looks like a clown because of the makeup they have on, I tend to associate that with being shallow, fake, etc. Makeup is not bad, but some girls put too much on as they don't know what's proper or not.

• Personally, I would think that a girl was being fake if she was not being herself - like if she decided to do her hair and makeup a certain way just to please other people or if she dressed a certain way to just please other people. I think that it's sexy when a girl can just be herself. No matter what she is wearing or how she does her makeup, if she doesn't feel confident about being herself, it seems fake to me. Confidence is sexy!

• You (un)fortunately have that atypical look that makes you seem fake or not real. Blonde hair blue eyed, fairly nice build. All around the general thing that most hollywood types project. you seem pretty genuine and unique enough to overcome this, but with your looks its going to be tough for some people to accept who you are until they get to know you.

ps. Really Ireland? that's pretty awesome

• there are a couple of reasons:

1) Confidence. Some people exude confidence at high levels. It can intimidate people. It's not bad, it's just really evident.

2) Make-up. A heavy amount of make-up, just like anything else, can seem like one is trying to hide something about themselves. It can make people wonder if they could potentially trust someone like that. What is she uncomfortable about? What doesn't she want me to see? Questions like that can arise, thus, making that individual seem "fake and stuck-up."

• Yeah, they say you look fake because you remind them of a barbie doll with the blonde hair, nice figure, beautiful features. Who else falls in that category? The stereotypical blonde air-head who 'is' fake. So the judgment is most likely premature based on stereotypes. Suggestion: Prove them wrong, or if the pressure becomes detrimental to your status in society, a change might be beneficial.

What Girls Said 6

• oh stop I get the hole oh you look stuck up thing the hole time! and why I don't know ?

id say the only reason they think you love yourself and are "fake" is cause you got blonde hair and are pretty! I had long blonde hair 2 years ago and everyone was like oh you think your gorgeous! just because I had blonde hair and they even we were like who do ya think ya are barbie?

so id say that's apart of the reason stupid really but id say its cause your blonde and pretty !

• I don't think you look fake. What's fake anyways? People judge and you can't really change that. I guess people get jealous and they say things like that to bring you down. The only way a person can ever be fake is if they don't want people to know for who they really are or where they pretend to be someone they are not.

Just because someone has blonde hair or love themselves doesn't mean they are stuck up. At least I don't think so. Besides, I thought loving yourself and looking good was a good thing :D

Just be yourself and make yourself happy. If people say you're fake - you know you are a big deal.

• It may be because you are pretty and girls are threatened by that. When I say your pic, my first thought was "she can steal my boyfriend" Honest to god. lol, that being said, its because you are confident and pretty. There is nothing wrong with that, its just how the world views people, and usually its not fair.

Don't let it bother you though, because those people who judge you and say you look fake don't matter.

• I get that too, it's because your blond, pretty, and happy. Chick that are unhappy or insecure hate on that. It's ok girl keep doin you, if they wanna think your fake let them because they ain't the type of people you need in your life anyway.that's my motto and I have great people in my life! Don't let the hater down their talking about too much make up get to ya either wear as much as you want and LOVE IT! life's too short to care about what narrow minded people think be you stay true to yourself and that will attract good people to you!

• I think a insecure person gave you a thumbs down for telling the truth!

• I agree with what ALWAYSclassy said about your thumbs down! I really agree with you :) x

• I don't even care about the thumbs down, that person has never had a hater before they've always been the hater lol!!

• You have blond hair, you're pretty, thin, wear makeup, and you look like you take care of yourself.

When people say that about you, it's just them being jealous. If you were 15 lbs. overweight and more plain, people wouldn't call you "fake" or "stuck up", they would feel more secure around you and not assume you're a bad person.

• I can't see a picture,but I'm sure you're not.One of my closest friends looks like a rude,stuck up biotch,but it's her eyebrows,she has the whole arched eyebrows going on,but she's the nicest,funniest sweetest thing ever.she's goofy.complete total opposite of what everyone(including me) thought of her when we saw her