Is a butterfly tattoo on your lower back the "slut symbol"?

Recently tattoo's managed to work their way into a conversation I was having with my friends. I mentioned that I wanted to get a butterfly on my lower back (above my but) but one of them said that it was the "slut symbol" and all the "popular" and "slutty" girls get them...i am still getting it anyway ( and NO I am NOT a slutty popular girl and I'm glad I'm not :P, also it's annoying that even uni STILL has the stupid "popular" groups!) but is a butterfly tattoo on your lower back one of the "slut symbols"? And if I get one will all guys who see me at the beach figure that since I have it I must be one of the bitchy/slutty girls?

Also just to add, I wouldn't make the tattoo HUGE just small-ish (but not tiny). I still don't get how having a butterfly on your lower back is the "tramp stamp" I mean I am definitely NOT a tramp, so just because the "sluts" have made it "their symbol"
does that mean that no-one else can have a butterfly without being accused of being a tramp!? I just think that's unfair!
Also I think it's stupid that it's now apparently "tramp stamp" , because that ruins it for girls like me who think butterflies are cute and having on your lower back is easier to hide so it's easy to put it there and well I hate stereo-types...

Most Helpful Girl

• i don't think so! a tatoo is a tatoo, that's it, no it can't say who you are. if you want a butterfly on your loweer back then that's your perogative.:D

You're not a slut BECAUSE you wanna get a butterfly over your asshole (meaning: this ass is going place. from flower to flower if you will, just like a butterfly). You want to get a butterfly over your ass BECAUSE you are a slut :D So you go girl! Don't let anyone get you down you can do whatever you want you are a PRINCESS

What Guys Said 11

• Only very close-minded people will assume that just because you have a tattoo of a butterfly on your lower back, it defines your personality as a girl.

What do butterfly tattoos have to do with girls who sleep around with lots of guys? Nothing. You'd have to be pretty retarded to think something like that.

So really, the only people who will call it a tramp-stamp, are the extremely pathetic people that you're likely to meet wherever you may go. But hey, look on the bright side - at least you know right away that those people won't be worth your time, so you can avoid their sorry ass right then and there.

Bottom line - get the tattoo. If someone starts sh*t about it... well let's just say, there's a reason why you have a middle finger.

• Haha! and ironic-ly the one time I dis-located one of my fingers it was my middle one haha, I guess I used to much and karma sought revenge :P lol.

• That's why God gave you two. :p hehehe

• It's a typical tramp stamp/skank stamp. The reason why it's referred to as that, or as the "slut symbol" is because where its placed, and how small it is, usually only a guy who's currently in the process of drilling you from behind can get a good enough look at it to even be able to tell what it's of.

It's not so much what it's of, the butterfly that is, but the location of the tattoo that makes it a tramp stamp. That specific spot.

• People call it the tramp-stamp, but its just a tattoo. Get it wherever you want. Its like how if a guy pierces his left ear he's gay, or other ridiculous claims like that. It isn't relevant. You know you aren't like that, and the tattoo won't change a thing.

• Yer I don't really like stupid stereo-types, I don't think it's gay for a guy to pierce his left ear, it could really match him and look hell cool!

• The guys here beat me to it. It's called a Tramp Stamp and for good reason. It means you're easy... like an identification.

Also, some say it's a target... when a guy is doing you doggy style, he pulls out and has a target to shoot...

• But a butterfly has nothing what-so-ever to do with our sex life, some of us just like butterflies that shouldn't mean that we shouldn't get the tattoo we wan't because of some stupid stereo-type

• Sorry, but it's just plain tacky. I think any girl with a tattoo is a bit off in the head. If I meet a girl and she has a tattoo I don't take her seriously at all.

But who cares what I think. It's your body. Do what you feel like doing. Don't listen to anyone.

• everything you said put aside, you can't argue with stereotyping, and no matter what this WILL influence people's first impression of you, if you get it, all you can do is hope that you can make a more desirable/better second impression if people give you the chance

so if the above is of concern to you and you think that there is a chance that you might regret your decision to get one based on this you should reconsider...

• tramp stamp

• About hiding the tattoo, that makes it sluttier.

• not the figure, just the location

• Honestly, it is slutty and I'd judge.

• "tramp stamp"

• You plan on getting the tramp stamp? Sure, you may not be a slut but you can't hide from the fact that you are wearing the official slut-symbol.

But I don't judge anybody and if you really want get it.

What Girls Said 5

• Well you said you were getting the tattoo anyway so why should it matter what other people think. I don't think it is a slut symbol but a lot of people might. But as long as you like the tattoo and your happy with it and you know your not a tramp or a slut then who cares what other people think

• =l I have one lol it's pretty big by the way & when I got it I had no idea it was some type of symbol but oh well whatever... If you have a clean conscience what people think or say about you it's the least thing you should care...

link

• Noo..NO NO NO. get Mufasa on ur back girl! Work it! and when you bend over, He'll hide in ur bikini, Like he "Fell" off the cliff.

• I just got one recently, you can call it what you want but it is cute

• yeah its known as the tramp stamp. I don't stereotype people that way because I understand its a cute feminine spot to put a tattoo and doesn't necessarily mean your a slut...but its the general perception.