Girls, Did your school have a problem with how you were dressed?

One of the latest topics over the last year er so has been -- high school dress codes. Girls being told to change, or even sent home based on what they were wearing. Through out elementary school, and high school (later 90s, early 2000s) -- I've never witnessed this, nor have I been told to change my clothes -- and us girls all wore tank tops, short shorts, and short skirts in the summer time, and we never had an issue.

I do remember getting a news letter at the beginning of the school year and there would be a section on school dress codes, and it would say "no tank tops, no short shorts" -- basically no "revealing clothes"... or pyjamas. But everyone seemed to ignore it!

So did your school ever raise the issue of dress code?

18

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 18

• nope cause since pre-primary/primary/secondary school i was in uniform... so no problem

• We had uniforms at our school and even then still had problems; skirts were too short, couldnt roll up your sleeves, shorts were too short and our tops were revealing in the rain because they were made from thin material so you could see our bras... boys on the other hand, pants were always half down, tops done up and no hats

• In my highschool, we had a set uniform that we had to follow. I have been sent home and received detentions for not "wearing the correct school uniform"

I sometimes wore dark blue skinny jeans instead of the navy blue school trousers. Wore runners, instead of the T bar black shoes.

It's been highlighted in the school newsletters at the beginning of the year (sent home in a school information booklet) that the school, takes "pride in the school uniform" and that it was a "strict uniform code" that no teachers, coordinators, principles will not tolerate students who disobey the school uniform code.

At the end of the year, the teachers tend to not care anymore, and have allowed some students to wear whatever as long as they were partially wearing school uniform haha

• I had a uniform from roughly 6 years old to 16 years old so there was never an issue there. They never had an issue with it later when I got to choose my own clothes either, even tank tops or shorts or whatever, and uni has never mentioned anything.

• I went to a private school with a really strict uniform policy, to the extent that we had to kneel on the floor and if our skirts didn't touch the ground we got sent home.
    While not to that extent I agree with certain school dress codes - it's a good way for kids to prepare for the real worlds expectations in the work place and social situations

• Yes, my school was super strict on how I dressed even when it wasn't even in a sexual nature. I never dressed in a sexual nature, but I always got in trouble for what I wore.

• nope because I always dressed appropriately.
    As for uniforms, I only had them when I was in 1st/2nd grade.
    It was a shirt underneath a dress, and if you wanted to/ during colder months esp, you can wear white pants/pajama/leggings etc

• nope never

• The AP send me home because I had a small hole in my pants... That didn't even show skin 😒

• Yea an administrator told me to put on a jacket bc of a tank top right when I was leaving bc I got checked out, still tried to leave and still told me to put something on, it's not that serious lol.

• I had a uniform when I was in high school.

• No.
    Always dressed appropriately.

• in My school it was who could wear the shortest tightest skirt was the coolest the laughs we had at the girls trying to step up onto the bus etc was brilliant i always waited til last.. then they allowed us girls to wear trousers if we wanted and the good old skirts were long gone...

• Never had a problem I dressed very modest.

• not really

• In Norway we can wear what we want

• No I think our school boss is one of the horniest guy on the world

• No. I never had that problem.