Can I pierce my ear without alcohol at home?

is it ok if i pierce my ear with an earring without alcohol? because most people say tat alcohol is needed but i dont have it

5

What Girls Said 5

• You can, but the purpose of alcohol (70% medical alcohol, so not alcohol as in booze...) is to desinfect the needle. To prevent infection. If you do it without alcohol, there's a good chance of the wound getting infected. I also don't recommend doing it at home , alcohol or no alcohol. Go to a professional. Ask your parents to either take you there or sign a parental consent form. At least in Germany when I wanted to get my second and third earlobe piercing I had to sign a form saying that I am over 18. And for those under 18, a guardian's signature is needed.

Also, do not pierce any other parts of your ears other than the earlobes. Don't pierce the parts that has cartilage inside. Don't do it at a piercing studio, and definitely don't do it at home. It might affect your hearing negatively

• You need a desinfectant. There are others than alcohol. Check your first aid at home.

• Yes go ahead and get an infection

• DO NOT PIERCE YOUR EAR ONLY GET IT DONE PROFESSIONALY

• I have pierced my lip on my own, but I did it with alcohol. I wouldn't recommend you to do it without alcohol because there is a possibility that it might get infected.