Working out shirtless at the gym - yes or no?

Seen several questions about whether it's okay for women to work out in sports bras, etc., so I figured I'd ask from the male point of view. Personally, I almost always work out shirtless in my gym. Is that okay, or would you find it weird/distracting to see a guy in your gym working out without a shirt?

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha, I avoid the busy times at the gym so as not to be distracted by the men who wear something to show their muscles.

Truthfully though, if it's comfortable for you and you've got the body for it - Sure.

Just make sure to check that your gym allows it.

• 8d

Haha :) I like to think I definitely have the body for it, and our gym absolutely allows it.

• 8d

At last a girl that understands!!!

• 6d

Thank you for MHG

What Girls Said 9

• as they say when in rome do as the romans do... what do other guys at the gym do?

• Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• No, its not hygienic. We don't want sweaty machines.

• if you wanna looke like a douche then go ahead

• I'd rather he had something on to soak up his sweat

• It would bother me. Although girls in just sports bras bother me too.

• I wouldn't care.

• Yea, distracting, but in a good way. Continue as you are, brighten up a few ladies work outs.

What Guys Said 10

• I used to go to a harcore old school gym. 8 out of 10 guys never wore anything above the waistline. Was just short shorts and heavy belt only during the summer hehe. Loved it. Best gym ever. Really miss it.

• No it makes all the benches all sweaty and it's too much trouble. I don't want to have to wipe all that sweat down

• No bueno, a shirt helps soak in some of the sweat. Without it you're just getting all your sweat on the benches.

• I'm against both men and women working out in the the gym shirtless/only a bra. I think that you just look like you're trying to show off

• I don't see why not. If I would sweat a lot, I'd probably do the same thing

• I workout shirtless in my gym... but there's no one else around

• If they allow it, it's cool then.

• We can't go shirtless at our gym😂

• no shoes no shirt then gtfo. trust me, nobody wants to see u working out with no shirt. why not be respectful of others and wear a shirt in public. thanks :)

• I've never seen it.