How do you feel about tattoos?

I love them. I have a few myself and plan on getting more when I can. What's your opinion on tattoos?

• I love tattoos
  • I love them on other people
  • I love tattoos that have meaning
    Vote C
  • I hate tattoos
    Vote D
  • Other (Explain?)
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1822

Most Helpful Guy

• Tattoos are cool as long as they are personal (non of those meaningless tribal tats). I'm personally in the phase were I am seriously considering getting some when I leave college and have the money.

• I agree completely. I hate tribal

• The Rock made them popular and now everyone wants to be just like him since he has been man of the year so many times. In honesty, when I was younger I wanted one too. :(

• It's okay, you've grown since then lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I love original tattoos that have meaning. Way too many people get tattoos without caring about either of those and end up with something they wanna get lasered away after a year. I also prefer black and white ink tattoos A LOT over colourful ones. The only tattoos that look good with color are those Yakuza (Japanese mafia) ones. I have 3 tattoos myself & I've designed them all myself.

What Guys Said 21

• I wouldn't say I LOVE tattoos I think they're just fine, some are cool but some aren't. on girls they're attractive depending on what kind of tattoos they are of course.

• I don't mind them as long as they're entire body isn't full of them but I don't mind a few small to medium ones.

• I don't have any tattoos and I don't plan on getting any but I love them on other people. I'm a tattoo artist and I love putting them on other people.

• Really? What's your favorite piece? Like that you've done?

• Nope, I have that reaction most of the time and I have too many ones that I liked. I can't pick a favorite lol.

• That's good :) I like that attitude

• I don't really like them on myself, and im currently not planning on getting any.
    Most people around my age dont have tattoos yet I guess

However I don't like big tattoos on other either.
    Small ones are fine I guess, Having 10 small ones doesn't count as small tho :P
    Guess max 2 small = small

• a big turn off

• Got a awesome looking phoenix tattoo across half of my back. 8 hr 1 sitting but since I didn't really take breaks so I got it done in 7. I love the damn thing. The experience, the feeling are awesome.

• I have two. The Mandalorian symbol on my left sleeve and the emblem of the 2nd parachute infantry battalion on my right shoulder.

• I view the body as something to be kept as natural and unfettered as possible.
    There are plenty of other "canvases" available to be tattoo'd or pierced in any way you would want.

• Why is that? Just curious :)

• I guess I just have a view that the body should be kept as much of a pure temple as possible.
      (like the way we were when we came in to the world)
      That being said, people are free to ultimately do as they wish with their flesh :)

• tattoos are only a part to show off... if you really love to your family member even society you will not go for tattoos.

• Why is that? Even if tattoos are to show off, how do I not love my family if I get them?

• 17-Chef

• A clear sign of someone with no direction in life and poor decision making ability.

Cons:
    can't get many well paying jobs
    can't get a professional SO who needs you to be presentable
    smart people know you are dumb

Pros:
    unknown

• I appreciate your opinion however, I disagree. I have tattoos that no one in a professional setting would be able to see anyway. If they could, it would be FAR from professional anyway. I don't understand your reasoning.

• I guess I should have specified, visible distracting tattoos. All in all though, I don't see any reason to inflict pain, cost and use of your time to do something with no benefit and some downside?

• That makes sense. I personally just love the idea of my body as a canvas for art that I appreciate.

• I like small tattoos that actually mean something to the person.

• What about large ones with meaning?

• Seems a bit large. But listen. Dont take this the wrong way. If the tattoo looks good (or sexy if you want it to) on you then im ok with it. I just dont like people that look like airport suitcases (stamps all over) and tattoos that are like sleeves or something like that. I dont know the names.

• I can respect that. Makes sense

• I have tattoos and I like some one girls. Im not a fan of masuline or large pieces on girls though

• Is kinda itching.

• I love small tattoos on females but not into girls with large tattoos all over their skin.

• In the future, I plan on getting tattoos. Not too many, not too big. But I do want tattoos

• It is good

• ugh...

• I don't exactly hate tattoos, but they don't do much for me tbh. Not a dealbreaker though, unless they're like all over.

• Don't want to fuck up body anymore than it already is.

• Why do you feel it's fucking up your body?

• I just don't see my body as a canvas for any kind of art.

• They are ok on women if it's not to much or to big and have meaning

What Girls Said 17

• I don't really have an opinion. I wouldn't get any on myself but that is because I often bore of things quickly. It wouldn't be a good idea of me to get any.

• It depends on the artist, you know - like some are truly works of art. I love the big detailed ones in vivid colours and flowing botanical designs. Hey how long can I look at your tattoos before it becomes impolite? And do you hate people asking what they mean?

• I mean my tattoos (they kind of go together) are right under my breast on my ribs so it would be kind of weird xD but I understand and I love explaining my tattoo even though it's super cheesy

• Right, well I won't be staring, then!

• I don't mind them too much if they are tasteful and have meaning. But I'll never get one.

• I'd want a really small permanent one like a heart. For bigger ones I'd get Demi.

• ... On Other People...
    However, too Many is Plenty. One, hun, or Two, just a Few. xx

• They can be cool depending on the meaning, quality and placement on the body.
    But I can't see myself getting any.

• I like tattoos but don't like the commitment. Also it depEnds on the person since some people end up like looking trashy.

• ı like them on others it it doesn't cover all the body

• like them

• love them

• I'm ok with them if they have a good meaning, I want to get a certain ribbon tattoo for a disease, but if it's unreasonably huge and meaningless, I hate it.

• I generally don't like tatoo but one some people it look great

• I love tattoos. Small ones here and there look nice, but the massive ones look bad.

• I have some and love bikers!!

• I have couple tattoos and planning to get more

• They're badass!!

• Have couple myself