What are good shampoos and conditioners for dry hair?

I have thick hair and started using only shampoo for my hair thinking it would makey hair fuller but turns out my hair is drying out on the ends 😕 what shampoos and conditions are good for hair that is drying out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Use the brand Garnier... it is AWESOME. I use the one they have specifically for dry hair (its orange and has avacados in it) and everyone says my hair looks amazing. And trust me, I know what dry hair is lol.

• I actually ended up getting that and I love it! I think my hair was just a little dry from constantly washing it with only shampoo, because now it is not dry haha

What Guys Said 2

• Try putting coconut oil into your hair every so often.

• one time solution.. just cut your hair

What Girls Said 11

• Good shampoos and conditioners in general are from the pharmacy or salon. The brands I recommend are Phytokeratine Extreme (out of the selection, it's the most nourishing for dry hair), Kerastase OlĂ©o Relax, and L'OrĂ©al Expert Nutrifier ( the great things about this one is that it's without silicone and it contains coco oil), these were all made specially for dry hair. Since your hair is dry, you should never skip the conditioner, it's important to always buy the conditioner along with the shampoo, preferably from the same brand. A good shampoo and conditioner are not the only things that will help with dry hair, you of course should seek further hair care. For example don't wash your hair too often to not strip off the natural oils, cut your split ends, and the most important is to oil, oil, and oil your hair! Every time before you wash it, soak it with oils ( avocado, jojoba, almond, coconut, olive) just some examples. Lastly I also suggest using a shampoo and hair mask from Rene Furterer. Either use their KaritĂ© intense shampoo or their Milk moisturizing shampoo, along with Rene Furterer KaritĂ© hair mask/treatment.

• How often do you wash your hair?

You can try anything that's for dry hair or colored hair. I like Biolage and Ban de Terre. They're expensive at first but last FOREVER.

• Use sulfate free shampoo. I began using it about six months ago. My hair has grown, is a lot stronger, shiner, and overall healthier. You also want to focus on what type of conditioner to use as well. Organic and natural is always the best way to go. Looking into things like shea butter, coconut oil, argon oil, Moroccan oil for your hair will also help with the dryness. :)

• Cut it if you have dry hair you can't do anything about it you can try coconut oil and special shampoo for dry hair but it's generally better ti cut it very short

• I like my long hair haha. I started using conditioner and it helped. It is not that damaged.

• This is not a long term solution honestly...

• you should wash your hair using cold water and not hot because it dries your hair more and don't wash your hair a lot it is very bad and also use egg yolk it with yogurt it is a miracle

• try ones without sulfates. it helps a lot.

• I have really dry hair so I use honey I washed my hair shampoo and American cream conditioner.

• use coconut oil for dry damaged hair. I like tresemme or pantene

• blendax- my hair dresser recommendeed that

• only use dry shampoo on your roots! i recommend batiste! i usually use the brown one to match my hair colour because i noticed if i get the white one, my hair looks thin

• Wash your hair less and use less shampoo and more conditioner every time you wash it.
    You should also start using shampoos that contain oils. If you think sulfate-free and alcohol-free products are way too expensive, I'd recommend you to use Elvive Extraordinary Oil shampoo & Conditioner. I love it.

• Thanks can you get that at the grocery store or pharmacy?

• It depends on where you're living. I buy that product from our local super-market. If it is not available, I'd recommend you to order it online.