Why do women wear make-up?

is it because their ugly?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 24

• no... some use it to glam up their look or enhance beauty but some use it to change their look completely

• 3|2
    • might be, but your sense of humor is beautiful :)

• I literally only wear eye liner every once in a while to change things up. The only occasions I've worn lipstick an eye shadow are to dance recitals or weddings (I've been to a handful in the past couple years). I can't speak for every female out there but some days I wear eye liner because I like the way my eyes pop, other than that plain Chapstick and lotion is all I put on my face.

by the way Girls aren't ugly without makeup, You're expectations are either beyond reality or they aren't the right fit for you. If its the former or the latter then keep it moving.

• I like makeup. I don't feel ugly without it but I feel plain and boring.
    Make up gives you a "put together " look.
    There's no shame in liking and wearing makeup. Women (and even men) have been trying to enhance their beauty since forever (ancient Egypt if not before).
    I think it only becomes a problem when you really can't tell how they look without it!

• I just use it to enhance what I already have. I'm also pretty artistic in general so I like playing with makeup.

• Women can still go without makeup and look attractive as fuck.
    However, most women opt to wear makeup to highlight their features and assets. It highlights the natural beauty and gives off different vibes depending on the occasion and the kind of makeup we wear.
    It kind of gives a confidence boost, the same way we feel good about ourselves whenever we wear a nice outfit and know we look gorgeous.

• Some do it to match their personality
    For instance when I was 15 I was considered as a Gothic and I wore dark makeup. I don't wear makeup but at the time I wanted to wear it to match my personality.
    Some women just like wearing it.

• Nah, my make up tends to enhance my whole outfit/look. I can go outside without makeup just fine idc, I always do when I walk the dog. But if Im going somewhere my face just looks a bit empty for the style of clothes I wear, I don't know it just looks unfinished without the cat eye look and lipstick.

Some women do wear makeup to cover things up though, obviously, but not everyone do.

• Usually the girls who wear make up are already very good looking without it. At least in my experience. The better looking the more likely she is to wear make up because the more she will care about her appearance.

• a lot of women find it fun. at least that's what i've heard from the women that wear it.

• To piss you off specifically.

No but seriously for everyone it's different. For me, it can make me look more put together and it is reflective on my style. I think I'm fine with or without it.

• We love makeup and we love to look nice.
    Most women find wearing makeyp attractive looking

• No not necessarily..
    Some to hide blemishes or marks
    Brighten skin tone
    Brighten eyes or cheeks
    Define overall facial features

• I wear makeup because it's like an outlet for me to express myself

• It varies really. Some women do it because that's the norm. Others use it because they're insecure about their face and its current state and then you have the girls who just love makeup. Sometimes I'm all three. But for the most part, it's because I love eyeliner and makeup. And it's pretty cool to see the outcome.

• It's a self-confidence thing. At least for some women

• When you wear little makeup like I do, I like to think that it enhances my face, not that it covers it up. I really just wear lip balm and mascara.

• Because I love it! It's like an art masterpiece on my face.

• Because they want to.

• No, it is because their boyfriends look at the photoshopped models with tons of makeup on.

• Because we are often told to by society's standards. Please tell me how many swimwear models on magazine covers are without make up? How many attractive actresses in movies or shows have no makeup on? Or how about even normal models that guys find attractive? Tell me how many times there are examples of the "beautiful" woman in modern media depicting a woman with zero make up on..

not blaming you or anything but it's still a fact that a guy will often overlook the plain no makeup girl vs the hot, sexy girl who often has makeup on. I've seen this SO many times.

Guys act like they don't care for makeup but then please explain why it's always the hot models with tons of makeup who get the guy's attention on social media, real life and in movies/series or even porn.

• Some sadly wear it cause they feel they need it, I think we all are gorgeous without it. But for me I love wearing makeup as a hobby, I enjoy putting it on and seeing what exactly can I do with this eyeliner and eyeshadow. But I usually go without it. Unless I cover up a zit or two I' don't want my boyfriend to exactly see lol

• personally ı dont - but it changes person to person , some find themselves more beautiful with it, some wants to hide thi things that they dont like on their face n some just do it lol

• Did you know that all the actors (male) also wear makeup? Why do they wear makeup?
    It only enhances the one's beauty. It's not because we're hideous without it. I rarely wear makeup, but when I do it's only light touch up. Most can't even tell I'm wearing it.

What Guys Said 7

• It's something women seem to really enjoy and quite frankly, men seem to like it on women too. Expertly done makeup will simply make someone look like they're well rested or have smooth skin tone or what not.

• Well the original intent behind makeup was to highlight already existing physical features like cheekbones, cheeks, eyes, lips etc. But as modern society shows women kind of go overboard with it and now it has more in common with clown makeup.

• Slight makeup can be really nice. It highlights the nice features.

• Because they are insecure. Anything else is bull.

• So the reason you don't wear a potato sack as clothing every day is because you're insecure?

• I don't know, i just have a different perspective I guess. Maybe a matter of where we grew up or w/e, just like different real life experiences. But all I know is that what you're saying certainly doesn't hold true for most people I know.

• @cipher42 yeah o thought so too. People need a serious talk with pros and cons and valid facts in order to admit that they are sheep. Heck some dont even understand it.

• Yes obvious 😂

• Many afraid the realistic appearance