Why do I honestly not see myself how others seem to?

Ok I know that people hate those that sound conceited, but honestly I'm far from it. What I'm saying is just what I'm told.
Recently I've been getting more compliments on my looks. When I was going through puberty I didn't really get any, and I can understand why because I was pretty unattractive and disproportionate because I hadn't fully 'grown in to myself' yet. And I was very very insecure because back then boys in school used to call me ugly and I was seen as one of the unattractive girls.
But as I said lately it's been different, within the last 6 months or so. Someone came up to me today and said "omg I haven't seen you for the past few months, and each time I do you look more grown up. Honestly you're so attractive now, i know you don't see it but it's true. I don't just mean pretty, you're beautiful. Model standards." I was shocked, but it was a really nice thing to hear.
I just can't see it myself though! I can scrutinise myself in the mirror for a long time, and I still can't understand it, because more and more people have been saying it lately, especially those that haven't seen me for a while.

But what I really want to know is, how can I start to believe them? I'm still so self conscious from back when I felt so ugly a few years ago, and I'd love to be able to understand that I'm not "ugly", and have some confidence without becoming arrogant of course (I never would).

*bump*

Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Try not to think that and just know that you look good, it's okay to be humble ab it but don't think you look bad