Dandruff, how can I get rid of it?

So putting in the simplest way possible. I have extremely oily hair, but I have dandruff. It's so annoying! You would think because my hair is full of oils that I wouldn't have this problem. I don't necessarily want to get rid of the oily on my hair, but I don't want more that what I have. I just want to get rid of the dandruff. Please help. Thank you! :)

44

Most Helpful Guy

• Dandruff shampoo... and dont wear dark clothes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Dandruff is actually a mild yeast infection. Any shampoo with zinc can help. You can try zinc supplements as well. Shampoos with anti fungals like tea tree oil can help as well as sujphur based treatments. Best bet quickest and easiest is like head and shoulders. It will tend to get worse in the winter due to less exposure to sunlight as uv light kills the yeast to some extent.

What Guys Said 3

• Type is important. So consult a dermatologist.

• Certain shampoos help

• Have you tried using anti-dandruff shampoo or something? Maybe try Wen Tea Tree Formula.

What Girls Said 3

• Head and shoulders shampoo... it's guaranteed to work. Says so on the bottle. Lol

• lemon juice works

• I used head and shoulder shampoo and it worked pretty good. Also make sure to comb your hair don't comb it to much but also don't go days without combing it