What's your take on waist training?

I'm 16 & i just started waist training, i really really love the idea of a tiny waist.
But hey ladies & guys lemme hear your opinion on waist training. (:

Most Helpful Guy

• this is a really good question, in my opinion. But perhaps for a reason other than why you asked. I'm a bit of a believer that exercise should be integrated into daily life, rather than used as a separate routine. i. e. I walk everywhere and don't use things like carts around the house, opting to lift with my arms instead. It's good exercise, but I can't find any "natural" activity that involves working my abs. If you can think of one, or if someone else can, that would be awesome..

Most Helpful Girl

• I read that waist trainers are very bad for health. They squeeze your ribs and organs together. I have a friend who was using a waist and she had to get some of her intestines and organs taken out. Honestly I would never ever try a waist trainer. Just be careful

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• If you manage to do it over any kind of long term without suffering moderate to serious consequences to your health then consider yourself lucky. If that's worth it for a small waist then sure, go ahead. I can't see the value myself.

• you could be spending your time doing other things.

like learning electrical engineering

• Thank you for your comment, but im a kick boxer. Lol i really enjoy fitness.

• that's cool, it's a good workout.

fortunate for you, it's almost 2017, where fitness and brains meld alike.

you got the jock types that are hardcore gamers AND majoring in physics these days lol

• I'm sorry. Although it may be attractive to some people, I swe it aa unnatural andbat leaat somewhat dangerous. It also contributes to the unreasonable expectations of somw people who fail to differentiate between human norms and artificial extremes.

What Girls Said 10

• It's unhealthy and dangerous especially for children that are still growing. Instead of conforming to unrealistic body ideals you should be loving your body for what it looks like naturally so other people will too.

• You should really stop doing it. It's really bad for your health and it rearranges your organs. Plus the results won't last, right after you stop wearing them your waist will go back to normal. There's no point in risking your health for reaching a unrealistic beauty standard, especially for temporary results.

• I don't know, the only time I wore one of those corset like things was after abdominal surgery. It helped minimize the pain. Otherwise, I have always had a small waist. Squeezing myself to be smaller seems dangerous. Might cause stomach problems.

• Unless you're wearing a corset every day. A proper one, like Dita Von Tease or Violet Chatchki, you won't get much results.

• Also your body is still growing. You're too young to start I think.

• It's dumb and anyone who does it clearly has absolutely no clue about how anatomy works and general health.

These are the same people who believe in fit teas (diuretics and laxatives bby) and other ridiculous things like wrapping yourself in saran wrap.

Have you ever considered like, just working your core?

• a small waist might look good but damnnn that back pain isn't worth it.. at least for me

• I don't like it. It's an unnatural look and I'm sure it has some sort of effect on your body. Maybe not at the moment, but maybe in the long run.

• I heard it's really bad for your health, like it re-arranges your organs and messes with your ribs...

• I saw that it's kinda bad for you
    But as long as you don't do it for a long time I guess

• In my opinion your only 16, still a child no matter what you think. I think that at such a young age it's a bad road to go down if your using stuff like that it's giving yourself unrealistic expectations of your body and that for me is sad. Work on you in postive ways in which you can control not something that controls it for you. Your a young Girl in your prime. I don't think it's healthy to do things like that.