Best ways to stop biting your nails?

I have really passed the line of gross in biting my nails. I have done it since I was small child so it will be very hard to break. I try fake nails but I get annoyed and pull them off. I have tried the nail polish that deters putting you fingers in your mouth, didn't do anything for me. I have tried not doing it but it's so hard. Do you guys have any ways of stopping this really bad habit? I would include pictures but ew. Thanks x.

133

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a lollipop

Most Helpful Girl

• Omg I had the same problem for at least my whole 17 years. All this nail polish and chilli peppers are bull Ikr. But using acrylics stopped me from biting and it wasn't even intentional. It was my high school prom that year and I decided to put on acrylic nails on my short nasty nails and I just stopped. They grew out and by the time the fakes fell off they were long enough to convince my mind to try harder to not bite them and allow them to grow stronger. It was a hard 2 weeks but it was easier, and then I never bit them again bc they're too hard and strong to bite on. :') and plus they look pretty. At some point when it looks long enough, using nail polish makes them look pretty so you'd stop yourself from ruining them.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 2

• You can try pinching yourself each time you do it, or something similar.

• My main problem is that I do it subconsciously. Sometimes I notice when it's too late 😐

• Tell someone to slap you if they see you biting your nails. It's gonna make you stop

What Girls Said 12

• I literally got over it as a kid by playing outside. Getting dirt and stuff under my nails, and I eventually broke the habit.

Doing your nails pretty I hear can help to, or finding another focus - especially if it's OCD driven can help. Like if you feel the urge to bite your nails, try chewing gum instead.

• I used to Bite my Nails, too, when a Kid. Hard Habit to Break.
    However, when I Began my own Beguine of Going for Manicures... Cured it. xx

• Chew gum or something else to keep your mouth busy with when bored or stressed.

• Dye your nails with a nail polish that smells or tastes nasty.

• cut them really short

• This won't help at all, but once I got braces at 14 I couldn't bite my nails at all, which helped me grow out of it haha

• Maybe if you got a nice manicure it'd make you not want to mess it up

• Put some garlic on your nails, it doesn't only prevent you from biting them it also helps them grow nice and healthy too

• See pictures about biting nails in stomach... it's disgusting and helped me

• nail polish. It helped my daughter.

• I've noticed that whenever I paint my nails, I rarely have the tendency to bite them.

• Honestly... I just put cayenne pepper powder on my fingers and if I bit them I knew the consequences. Stopped me.

• That's actually pretty great. But what if I need to itch my eyes?

• When that happened I just kinda used my knuckle and if that didn't get it I washed my hands