Does anyone else feel ugly when they wake up in the morning?

I think I look good most of the time roll out of bed in the morning I look like a frickin shrek or something. My head looks shaped funny, my eyes look squinty, my hair stands up on end. I am beginning to wonder if this is actually how people see me? Throughout the day a person tricks themselves into seeing what they want to see in the mirror but in the morning you see yourself without the handsome goggles on?

Or is everyone just ugly in the morning?

Most Helpful Girl

• we are all ugly in the morning lol

• Even guys? I can understand why women would feel that way since they probably don't have makeup on and their (long) hair is a mess. But guys don't wear makeup and have short hair!

• Well I wake up every morning with my boyfriend next to me and he doesn't look like a field of flowers or smell like it lol

What Girls Said 15

• oh yeah, I feel hideous when I first wake up! unfortunately, that's usually the time that I run into guys from my hall (I live in a dorm) on the way back from the bathroom, looking like crap with my hair in a sloppy bun, absolutely no makeup, and wearing baggy pj pants and a big shirt. mornings are just ugly, haha.

• Everyone isn't very pretty when they wake up. Lols! Even guys. Gender doesn't really matter. Like, with guys, sometimes their hair can be sticking up all over the place, and they just look so out of it, and sometimes they have stubble on their face... For girls, our hair is a mess most of the time when we wake up, we're not all primped and made up... And also, both guys and girls can wake up with shiny, oily faces, a mouth full of plaque, and squinty eyes and sometimes have dark circles and bags under their eyes.

• When I flat iron my iron, and then wake up, I love how it looks and feels. I have wild curls, so if I sleep with them I wake up looking like Medusa's special sister. :1

• i feel gross. I feel all grubby, like I can't do anything because I'm too out of it. I need a shower, a face wash, makeup and a good tooth brushing to make myself feel presentable.

yes, I have droool marks. yes, I have the imprint of my pillow on my cheek. yes, ill probably have the sheets wrapped around my body like a coocooon.

but hey, if you give me an hour and a half, ill be looking good :]

• everyone is juss ugly in the morning noone wakes up beautifukl I dnt care who they are

• its weird lol...its kinda a hot, drowsy, sexy mess haha. A bit of drool mark, and messy hair yea...lmao =/

• i feel pretty when I wake up in the morning..like fresh and natural

• sometimes I look alright in the morning..other times..my entire face is swollen mainly my eyes and my nose. it is not sightly

• YES! I need face wash, makeup, and a flat iron if I want to look at all presentable.

• I feel ugly when I get out of the shower, cause my hair is wet, my face has no color. But once I am dressed and my hair is done, I feel great.

• yeah lol. I look best after a shower

• Thats the best part of the day. I love to roll over and see my boyfriend waking up. Both of us have curly hair. The squinty eyes, the bad hair, you get to see them. With no cover ups :-).

• I wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy.

• I feel the most beautiful when I first wake up. Is that odd? I love how natural everything looks. Its a beautiful mess!

• yeah most people don't look that good in the am

What Guys Said 9

• I have short hair and I think I look ugly until I wet my hair and wash my face lol I think its stupid but we all have our own issues when we first wake up haha

• My hair is a total mess when I wake up. Hair sticking out everywhere. I have to get it wet, use a brush, dry it, and use the brush again. Every morning. Other parts look fine.

• I'm ugly both in the morning and the whole day long : p

• Who doesn't?

• I feel sluggish, not ugly.

• same here bro, its like I look the worst when I wake up and best at 11pm, eben though all id o is like wash my face and brush a little

• same

• Not at all:?...i feel hungry tho

• i feel awsome