Wild colored lipsticks, hit or miss?

I personally think it's a fun switch-up type thing when you're bored of the more traditional lip colors. My lipstick collection is growing as I'm adding the wild colors. So far, I have: Grey, blue, purple, & a deep plum color.

Feel free to share photos of yourself rocking funky lip colors!
Wild colored lipsticks, hit or miss?

• They Rock!
  • Not my thing...
  • Depends

Most Helpful Girl

• Why not? I love the crazy Anastasia Beverly Hills colors for fun. My favorite is sepia.
    www.bebeautyindo.com/.../img145-1453874177.png

• Omgaaahhhh! That Saint & Dusty Rose are gorgeous!!! Sepia is really pretty too, browns just don't really suit me well. lol I like breaking fashion rules, but browns just aren't my cup of tea.

• Thank you for mho! :)

• You deserved it by posting photos of lippies some of us will probably spoil ourselves with. ;)

Sponsored

What Guys Said 4

What Girls Said 11

• Looks good! :) I'm really shit at make up. I've tried a huge variety of red and pink lipsticks and I've never found one that looks very good on me - it's probably partly down to me not wearing any other make up like foundation or whatever, so there's discolouration and nothing looks smooth cause of my bright pink cheeks but oh well :P So seeing as I've never found a traditional lipstick to look good on me, when I wore lipstick, I tended to prefer to wear stranger colours. I think that my favourite one that unfortunately got broken was a purple one. It was pretty light, like a lavender colour, and I thought it was awesome. Now I most often wear a dark purple-y red colour, especially because it's winter. Looks a little odd but I enjoy it.

• I love the deep purple-plum colors for winter. Very vampy type look & my style can be very punk rock sometimes, so it just fits! I have the same problem with pinks & reds when I'm not wearing foundation. Since I have rosacea to deal with.

• Not my thing. Nothing against them and I understand wearing it as a form of expression, but for the purpose of looking good I don't get it when I really think about it. People are attracted to healthy, favourable genetics such as clear/glowing skin, long eyelashes, etc. so you'd think makeup would be used to enhance/create those features. I don't understand being attracted to, for example, green lips because if you came across someone with naturally green lips your reaction would be "wtf" and you would be turned off.
    Anyway, this is my 4am mental diarrhea. Definitely keep wearing bold lip colours if you like it

• I understand, the norm is "natural beauty" & actually I'm without makeup most days. But when I do wear it, it's for me & I like to go crazy with it. :)

• I think a burst of colour is needed. It's Spring/Summer here (Australia) so it's been encouraged.

I'm liking the orange matte lips lately

• I loooovvvvveee corals! I have an two coral shades, one that is more orangey & the other is more red. :)

• I definitely like the deep plum during winter. Plus a nice nude colour

• Nudes are very pretty too. :3

• I like dark lipsticks and bright reds and some pinks. I wouldn't wear bright purple, I would wear dark plum colours though. And I wouldn't wear blue. Just cause they don't work for me but otherwise yep.

• I've had a lot of people tell me what does & doesn't work for me. But sometimes, it's more fun to break the rules. Although, I never try to push people out of their comfort zones. ;)

• Uuuuggghhhh I'm so jealous of people who get to dye their hair all crazy-like. The most I can do is dye mine gray or a shades of red. Because those are within the "natural color" spectrum that most workplaces accept.

• Well I just never cared about getting into trouble and I've done alright so far. I'm ginger now just cause I cba with the upkeep of the crazy colours, been dying my hair for 12 years 😫

• They look great!

• I think you need a richer color that helps bring out the undertones in your skin.

• I have other colors in my collection. I'm very experimental about my makeup & fashion style. My goal isn't really to impress others, if that makes sense. lol

• I think it's great to try out new things! But in this particular case I think that if you looked for a shade of that color that was utilized your great golden undertones you'd like the color more. I'm not trying to say "err mah gawd dark lipstick!" because it's a cool trend to try!

• I'll definitely look for one, thanks for the tip! :)

• I think they're cool, i usually go according to my skin tone

• don't make that face it accentuates your nose! i love doing bold reds and burgundys

• I love my nose, so I don't mind that it's accentuated. But I can agree about the bold reds & burgundys. Very pretty, especially during winter.

• Not all the colors look good

• That may be true. Most feel you should only stick to colors that look best on you. Although, I feel like it's ok to bend the rules sometimes.

• Sorry, I don't like them.

• I wear blue, black all the colors because it makes me happy and it's fun to get look for it in my opinion and especially for me being the not very liked one of the family it's fun to tick some off haha

• I totally understand! I'm the black sheep in my family & I just like breaking social norms in general. :)

• :D:)