Is it weird that I see myself as not cool enough for 'bold' fashion choices?

I mean piercings, tattoos and brightly coloured hair and that kinda thing. I guess my fashion sense id just plain. jeans and hoodie kinda thing.
I know a lot of who have very distinct/bold fashion senses (I'm an art student so I know a lot), but they just heave me thinking that there is no way in hell I could do that, because unlike them I'm this reclusive only child. 'basic'. for want of a better word :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think all of those "bold" fashion statements are as cool as a lot of people think they are. A lot of times I see those kinds of people and think about how misguided and lost they are in terms of their own identity.

Stuff like that might be trendy and look cool but it's all typically covering up deeper issues that they deal with.

If you look at successful and upstanding, productive and high functioning members of society, do you see them covered in tattoos, piercings, bright colored hair and outlandish outfits? Nope.

Classy is cool. Always remember that.

Most Helpful Girl

• So you like and want alternative fashion choices but you're worried it will look off on you? There's always a way to make it work! You have to experiment and fail a couple of times, and look up info about what might look good on you. Currently I'm watching this channel and trying to understand my body better and how to work with it. www.youtube.com/channel/UCXLdps0aVzxxet8avg9OLYQ

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 9

• what comes down to quote bold and quote fashion then you should probably think about everyone else in the world LOL. Most people think that your choice of clothing or fashion choice, is a bold fashion choice. There is really no out of the ordinary fashion choice. You should always look at your own type of interest and clothing. So when you say bold, you were merely saying that should I try a different type of fashion. And honestly that is all up to you. So I want you to ask the question that you have actually already asked, do you think you are ready for a new type of fashion?

• Just because you don't stick pieces of metal through your nose, dye your hair purple or green, or deface your body with tattoos doesn't mean you can't be fashionable. But even so, even if you're just a jeans/hoodie type, that's better than sticking pieces of metal through your nose.

• It's not weird. It makes sense. Why would anybody want more than what they have. Or get what things that they do not need. I like your style and definitely eye them jeans. ( not yo butt just the design)

• How do you know what my style is? I haven't posted any photos.

• "I guess my fashion sense id just plain. jeans and hoodie kinda thing."
      That's wha cha said. And why haven't you posted a picture of your idea style of fashion. Lol.

• Piercings, tattoos and 'brightly coloured hair' add up to a freak show, not 'bold fashion choices'.
    They are the way that a person who has a dysfunctional personality announces to the world that they wish to remain unemployed, or that they aspire to nothing more than minimum-wage work.

• Personally, I really like the kind of clothing that you already wear, nothing too distinct , simple girl with simple clothes, but actually fits her and is stylish, but still, if you wanna experiment with different styles, you could take things slowly. Coloring a part of your hair (as opposed to coloring all of your hair), a small tattoo, and a bit more distinct clothing. But you should dress the way you want to dress and feel comfortable and good looking in, not the way other people do.

• I hate piercing, tattoos and brightly dyed hair. Notice I am not even picky because I am a short guy!

• Have some confidence

• nope nothing wrong with that your just simple

• Not weird at all

What Girls Said 5

• I feel you! I often imagine outfits I'd like to wear, but I just don't feel like they'd suit my looks or personality. I look too innocent haha.

It's not weird. I think it would be best to find out what kind of clothes suit you. Personally, I don't think I could pull off the whole jeans and a hoodie thing. I don't know why, but I've always felt like it would make me look weird.

Once you've established your style, you can find more "bold" pieces and tailor them to suit your style.

For example, I bought a really bad-ass looking shirt that would be totally out of character for me to wear as is. I've decided to wear it tucked into a high-waisted maxi skirt and wear a maxi cardigan on top to make it look more chic. Looking at the outfit as a whole, it's totally me! The shirt on its on- no way in hell!

It might take a while for you to figure out, but you got this~!

• I used to be like that in high school, but I sort of learned to not give a shit. I just wear whatever I wanna wear. I live in a very conservative town and brightly colored hair is not something you see. I wanted pink hair though so I just went for it. I did get an occasional stare from the elderly, but I would totally do it again. If you wanna wear something bold just do it :)

• not weird

• Me too. I feel you. (Minus the piercing part)

• How so? In what way? :/

• I see people doing bold, cool stuff. And i realize thatd be awkward, because i am.. assuming other people would feel weird about it too

• Basically yeah. I'm the same as that! I mean people would just say that I should just stop caring what others think, but it's more a self-hating thing :/ I dunno, maybe when I move out of my paren't s house and get a job I might be a better person, but God known when that'll be.

• it's all about confidence