How to get acrylic nails off? SOS?

GIRLS! How do you completely get acrylic nails off? I soaked them in acetone nail polish remover for 45 minutes for each hand, tried to peel bits off and file them down but my nails just look so ruined and weak and I want to cry :( #ragrets

Most Helpful Girl

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 19

• Use onyx professional soak off it's blue and sold at walmart next to the nail polish remover. I just used those kiss nails and used the glue but had an accident and glued my fingers together ( i suck lol). I used this stuff and it not only took the glue off but completely took my naisl off like melted it off into nothing. The nails turned into mush and rubbed right off. I only had to soak them for 15-20 minutes.

i5.walmartimages.com/.../...d81125ba8ddbf6283.jpeg

• I remove them by trying to peel them off... it does hurt/feel uncomfortable but when I can't go to a professional it's what I do... and then I file the top layer of my nail and then buff it with the buffer side of the file and then paint over it.

• Get foil, acetone, and cotton balls.

Soak the cotton balls in the acetone, put it over your nail, then wrap a piece of foil around it. Do this on each finger and let it sit there for at least 30 minutes. Then, take off one piece of foil and rub off your nail with the cotton ball. Do this to each nail, one at a time, and it'll get the acrylic right off.

• They're gonna look brittle and weak until they fully grow out. Just paint them with nail polish or let them grow out girl.

• Ah okay thanks for the advice! I thought it wasn't normal 😂

• Oh no it's normal. They grind down your nails so the glue and acrylic stick better/:

• Sorry to hear. I'm not sure... I've mine recently done... I'd go to the salon... they'll know how to do it properly

• Go to the nail place they'll remove it for you for like $5

• Where are you from? I've asked around and all places were looking at 10-15 bucks 😂😭

• Omg wtf? I'm in Australia 😞 I already tried every place in the city 💔

• Would be worth getting done properly tho hey?

• have the nail shop remove them, gel nails are much safer

• Oh cringee, get a professional to do it bb

• I don't wear acrylics.

• I don't know...
    I have only used fake nails once. I prefer nail polish. 💅😅😊

• I don't wear them

• In the nail shop. Acetone doesn't work.

• clip the nail down low and then use the tweezer looking thing to clip the nails off piece by piece

• put some acetone on a cotton ball and rap w/ tinfoil. wait about 45-60 mins and remove... if that don't work buy that fancy professional stuff

• go to the hairdresser who does nails and ask her to do that

• they have special gel that will take it off without ruining your nails just go to walmart

• It's happened to me too. It may hurt but take a pair of tweezers and try to get underneath the fake nail. If a perfessional put them on you will have to go to them.

• You use a cotton and acetone. You don't soak your nails in them, that never worked for me.

• a cotton ball*

• Oh you mean the whole nail... Sorry, I have no idea.

• get some nail strengthener