Why are blue eyes the most sought-after?

All eyes are beautiful, of course, but it seems as if everyone wants/likes blue eyes the most, and some even go as far to call brown eyes ugly.

My personal favorite is brown (near-black, chocolate, amber)--but I've always wondered, why blue? And no ongoings about "Eurocentric beauty and society"--can't people think for themselves? And I don't know many people (in modern times) who were forced to like blue eyes above all else.

0|0
12|11

Most Helpful Girl

• If the majority of people had blue eyes, then brown eyes would be sought after. It's determined by which physical trait is less common/more unique.
    A similar example would be what is considered attractive in Asia. When I was in Japan, I noticed that white, blonde, blue-eyed people were considered beautiful there even if in the West they are considered very average because those traits are so rare in Japan (becoming less so over the years).

1|0
    0|0
Sponsored

What Guys Said 11

• Actually not so many women go for blue eyes perse, I have blond hair and blue eyes so this experience, you do got those bright blue eyes that every single woman would kill for but personally, if I could pick eye color to attrack women it would be brown, I myself prefer almost black eyes, on a light skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • In my experience, it's mostly men that like blue eyes, while women usually prefer brown eyes.

Unfortunate for me, considering I have blue eyes.

1|0
    0|0
  • As a guy with blue eyes my experience contradicts what you say. Nobody cares about a guy with blue eyes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Eye color is beautiful, blue, black, brown, doesn't matter... it matters if those eyes look at you, if they love you, it matters if you feel pleasant chills when you look into them and then reassurance

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know... Most of the time I think it's because you notice their beauty far easier.. Know what I mean... Cause blue eyes are kind of shiny, so they attract your eye... Plus they just are beautiful

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to think blue eyes were cool cause of dragon ball z. That was when i was like 12. I dont care what color eyes i have now

0|0
    0|0
  • Brown eyes are definitely not ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • Every eye has its own beauty 😇

0|0
    0|0
  • I like green

0|0
    0|0
  • When people hear blue they usually think sea or sky. Brown reminds people of doodoo...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• People are attracted to what they like. Its no big deal to worry about.

0|0
    0|0
  • I honestly don't know the real reason but I believe that it is similar to the reason why people want light skin and blonde hair. Someone with blue eyes, blonde hair and light skin is always seen as beautiful - perhaps because lightness symbolises purity whereas someone with dark skin, brown eyes and black hair doesn't get the same reaction. Many would chose the white girl over the black because the white girl would make them feel proud, as if they had achieved something, almost like a trophy. The black girl on the other hand wouldn't be chosen as she wouldn't be accepted to the major point at which the white girl was.

Overall, I think its more our human biology. We associate lightness (e. g blue eyes) with purity and since society is taught to appreciate and envy blue eyes thats how it will be.

Ps. I know I went really off track, thought about deleting but I might as well post haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I love green and hazel.

0|1
    0|0
  • Really? I honestly never noticed... I have an obsession for green/hazel eyes

0|0
    0|0
  • Blue eyes are nice, but I prefer green, grey and brown eyes.

0|1
    0|0
  • All eye colors are beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know...
    I personally don't want them but maybe because it's not very common in most countries.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they're not as common.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally like hazel and green eyes ❤

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not care much about eye-colour

0|0
    0|0
  • I have blue eyes.