Anyone planning on getting a tattoo and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ooh! This is a good one, I've been thinking about getting one lately. Still uncertain what to do though. I'd only consider something that would mean a lot to me, probably one of the following:

הי (Chai) - Is Hebrew for 'life', 'living' or 'alive'.

Je maintiendrai - The Dutch national motto, meaning 'I will uphold' promising to uphold the integrity and independence of the Netherlands.

גם זה יעבור (Gam ze ja'avor) - Hebrew for 'This too shall pass' referring to as well the great as the bad times in life.

E pluribus unum - The American motto, this is a long story, but I believe America is an exceptional country. And I love the US for all of it stands for, and I hope to live there one day. So 'E pluribus unum', meaning 'Out of many, one' symbolizes that the US are unique.

אמור מעט ועשה הרבה (Emor me'at ve'aseh harbe) - Another Hebrew phrase saying 'Say little, do much', this one symbolizes my personality. Not the most talkative guy, but sure one that gets things done.

What do you think?

• wow! i love every single one of those ideas and its clear that you have really thought about making them personal- my favourite might be the hebrew for this too shall pass just because it will always be a relevant message no matter what and like a little reminder throughout life but like i said all of them are great because they represent you - im a bit biased in the fact that i love the idea of tattoos and the form of art they create so i would say get one but dont hold that against me! 😂 but yes its fulfilling to know you have deeply thought about it - now you have got me to start thinking about having an idea and personalising them too- so well done for inspiring me😊

• Aah thanks for MHO! But most of all thanks for saying I've inspired you!

• You're welcome 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm planning on getting a small music note tattoo when I go to college.
    It's going to be a pelvic tattoo so that when I go home for the holidays my mom doesn't see it and have a heart attack.

• my mum would have that exact same reaction!😂😂 she dislikes them so much but i can't help wanting one- or some.. so i will have to get hidden ones till i grow the confidence to tell her i have them

• Thanks for the MHO! :)

• no problem 😊

Sponsored

What Guys Said 15

• Having a hard time deciding what to get. But I do want some one day.

• Yes, Don't know what yet but probably something about the games that helped me through my bad years (studying game development now so it's really fitting)
    + I really like the looks of a tattoo (as long as you keep it at a few)

• the Assassins Creed insignia. (from a videogame) on my shoulder - bicep area. that game series has changed my life in many different ways and i have grown up different and for the better cause of it

• Been thinking about it, still deciding on exactly what I want

• Nope but I'm not ruling it out

• Nope, never planning on getting one, and have also successfully talked a few people out of doing it themselves, too.

• nope, I don't think that I have the body for it and I change my opinion too often... once I see something that I like more I might regret it, so I rather don't do it

• I was planning on getting one on my left pec but had to cancel. I want to get one but dont know what. Must definitely mean something.

• Yes! Probably not until the summer but just because I want them.

• It's funny because I used to like tattoos before they became a huge fad and everyone started covering their bodies. Now I'm sick of seeing them, especially on beautiful women, who would have perfect skin, and yet they mark themselves all up.

• Yeah! I wanna get a Mars symbol on me. Probably on my chest

• No it's pointless and hurts to take off

• Nope.

• never thought of anything i would want all my life so never had one

• Already have some, don't want more.

What Girls Said 15

• 0|0
    • i want mine in similar places too - on my hip my ankle maybe by my ribs and behind the ear - would do my wrist but i would find it harder to hide if i need to -

• I have friends who have different ones of these and they all said it was painful cause theyre so close to certain bones

• Oh no! well I guess I better start mentally preparing myself too - i pretend I'm tough when it comes to pain but nope - all lies 😂 oops

• Only a couple a taurus tattoo, and a big dreamcatcher with my family birthstones represent my native roots

• Hopefully for my 21st getting a large floral tattoo from the lower half of my thigh twisting around to the side of my waist. Like a grapevine but with flowers! :)
    Use to draw flowers on everything; books, notes, exam papers; everywhere and anywhere! So why not get it permanent?

• i love that!! That would look great - going to share your enthusiasm because i doodle on everthing and think the same - why not?

• I was thinking about getting one for a while, but then decided not to get one just because it's permanent and in five years I may not like it anymore.

• Tattoos are really cool! I want them to cover up scars I have. They'll be cute and they'll be a forever accessory.

• I've always thought and wanted one above either my left or right leg, above the ankle. It'd be a sword/dagger through a bleeding heart picture with a ribbon banner around it that says "Love hurts". Just never gotten around to it or even been proactive about going to get it done.

• I'm planning on it as a memorial and also just because they look cool.

• Maybe one day but it'll be small, maybe a few words or a small symbol.

• I really want an Aries sign behind my ear and a small Rihanna R on my wrist 😂 I would be like Rihannna if I could

• I want to get my last name (Yujiri pronounced: Yoo jeer ree) in Japanese on my ankle because it's an uncommon Japanese last name and I'll always be a Yujiri even though I get married 💁

• once i had a temporary one n i got bored so i am not planning to have a real one

• Already have some

• No :) A non-permanent one would be cool though lol

• Definitely. A tattoo is art, and it defines a person.

• Yes me cz i love tatoos