Blue eye preference "feels" racist to me, but is it?

Anybody else notice this? People say they love qualities like blue eyes, blonde hair and tanned skin. Those things obviously refer to Caucasian (white) people, although they could in theory be talking about lighter skinned people of other races.

I've always felt slighted by this. I'm a black guy--I will never have blue eyes, a noticeable tan, blonde hair, etc. When people talk about light skin, etc., does it bother you? Even if you're white? Or do you not notice or care about these things?

You can be honest here. This is not a mean-spirited question, and I won't accuse anyone of being racist. I'm just curious as to what people will say.

It hurts me a little when I hear about those preferences. It's almost as if people of any other race are completely ignored when it comes to dating preferences. I like girls, and have friends of, all races and I don't see why others don't feel the same.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always loved brown eyes on guys (hair and skincolor doesn't matter, just LOVE those brown eyes.) But you can't help who you fall for. I never "liked " redheads till I fell for one haha. But I didn't like him because of his haircolor, his personality made me love his haircolor, blue eyes and his pale skin lol. Anyway for me it doesn't really matter, I wouldn't turn a guy down because of his hair, eye, skin colors...who does that? I mean everybody got that "ideal" man/woman of their dreams, but I don't think that would stop them from falling for a different colored girl/guy.

What Girls Said 2

• i don't really see this as racist. I mean I know a lot of people, me included, that prefer to date someone of a certain physical appearance. I mean this first part to actually falling for someone is the physical attraction. Oh. and just on a side not, not all people like blond hair blue eyes. I and a lot of my friends only date asians. For me it's nothing against other races, it's just since I started to have crushes, it's always been on asian guys. Don't get me wrong I've dated white guys, mexican guys, etc. But I always find myself attracted more strongly to asian guys. Plus I think because I'm half Japanese, dating an asian guy is easier because we can relate to each other better. just my opinion.

• I don't think a physical preference is usually a racist thing, but I suppose it can be. I mean some skinhead girl my find my red-headed, green eyed boyfriend attractive just as I do, but I really don't think my reasons are the same as hers.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm a short redhead with extremely white skin. The general consensus is that women want tall dark and handsome. I've never considered it a knock at me personally when someone has preferences that don't include what I possess. It simply is their preference, and I definitely would never consider it racist for someone who has a preference for certain physical attributes that certain races don't on a whole have. I myself prefer porcelain doll like skin tones on a woman. I'm far from racist. Neither I nor many others who have such preferences treat those without them negatively, or would deny them anything they wouldn't others. It would only become an issue at that point if they did so..

• Attraction preference isn't racist. So what if you don't make the cut physically? You missed out on being with somebody who wouldn't make you happy, what an awful thing.

• Blonde hair and blue eyes is my preference actually. I also greatly prefer girls of my race over the others. It doesn't make me racist or anything. I like what I like and that's all there is to it.

• People have their preference for everything.. you don't get to choose who you are attracted too..