Shorts under skirts?

I don't understand this except for very young girls. Why not just skip the skirt and wear shorts?

seems like we're back to the days of petticoats :(

Most Helpful Girl

• skirts are cuter, more girls, makes me feel femine while shorts make me feel like a tom boy. but skirts are very revealing so if you're not careful...

wearing shorts under a skirt protects the girl...

What Girls Said 3

• I am almost 18 and I hate skirts. Part of it is I know they guys I go to school with and I don't trust them. Another reason is I love my jeans. I have never been into the whole skirt thing, and I rarely wear shorts. I think a lot of girls do it for the attention it attracts.

• I wear spandex under my skirts just because they're all short and I have really long legs and I wouldn't want to flash the world every time I went up the stairs/ bent over/ sat down etc... It's really a matter of not having to worry if someone sees/ looks up your skirt.

• I wear like lycra shorts under really short skirts sometimes just because Iike thongs and honestly I prefer having movement capabilities without flashing the world. But other than that I wear booty shorts under skirts sometimes. I've never seen someone wearing legit shorts under a skirt before though.

• What would you consider legit shorts?

• Like jean or cotton shorts under a skirt would be what I consider legit. I mean spandex or lycra shorts are really like an extension of underwear. Jean or cotton shorts are shorts.

What Guys Said 2

• Hey it means girls can sit down comfortably while wearing skirts and not worry how far up they go...I remember the days girls were constantly pulling down the skirts when they sat down or bent over, it must have been a real pain.

And I'm more comfortable as well. I could never resists peeking when they bent over. Maybe that's awful but I'm glad the temptation isn't there any more because it made me feel bad about myself.

I remember the time I pinched one whose skirt blew up in the wind and it turned out she wasn't wearing underwear.. But once in a lifetime is enough for that. She was on an escalator in front of me and had one of the nicest behinds, really firm...what a shriek she made.

• Style, brother, style. And the 'look' of a skirt, feminine, can be worn so many ways, without the inconvenience for sitting down, bending over, showing your underwear...and having to wonder if people can look up them.

I think they're great, very popular now in China.