Don't hate on my pictures, but how to treat me cysts/ acne scars?

Hey guys! Okay, so first... I beg of you please do not insult me. I hate when I look in the mirror everyday and see this. I know its bad. Yes I wash my face, I wash with spectro and use oxy pads twice a day. I drink a lot of water when I eat sugary foods. I shower everyday. I've tried everything, my family even got me a regenerist facial cleansing brush from olay and scar fading moisturizers for Christmas (because I asked of course.)

What else can I possibly do? Mind you, my face usually isn't this blown up but I ate wayyyyy too much chocolate from Christmas knowing this would happen. But my faceyear round is pretty close to this. Please help, I hate seeing this everyday

Also I know I just got the bad side of puberty (I'm 17) but I can't bare another few years with a face like this. Thank you for any help you have to offer, again please don't tell me I look disgusting, I know.

Most Helpful Guy

• I really can't offer you any kind of advice related to this, other than: visit a dermatologist! I guess that even people that had similar problems like yours couldn't help you better than a dermatologist.

The doctor should be the one that could give you the best advice related to what to do, what to eat, etc etc.

PS: don't be shy, you are pretty. Good luck

• This helps a lot. I feel like if I tell my mom about it shell be like "PSH, all kids get acne you're good." Like, I told her I think I have anxiety (can't swallow whenever I think about how people can hear me breath and I purposely try to breath more shallow and my heart beats faster, can't walk properly when I realise people are walking behind me and can see me walking, thinking people are judging me for doing everyday things like walking, etc.) My mom responded with "no, everyone feels that way you're fine" even though she in fact is diagnosed with anxiety as well as my other sister.

I don't know, I feel like she won't let me go to a doctor about it

And thank you! This isn't my best look, my fair is usually down and I'm usually smiling. But I wanted to get the full face and not be recognised from gagers haha

• so? How it went?

• Were gonna go check out about a doctor. Since I've been using my new face brush and moisturizers, my skin hasn't been better. All the red marks faded within a week already, and the acne is mostly gone. Now I just need to learn how to keep the acne from coming back

Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• Don't eat any sugary foods at all. Cut out milk and all dairy as well. Make sure you have the following things in your diet or take them in the form of supplements:
    - omega-3 fatty acid (fish oil)
    - vitamin A or beta-carotene
    - vitamin E5 (preferably E complex)
    - zinc
    - selenium
    - nicotinamide
    - lactoferrine
    As a topical treatment, I recommend benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics and strong chemical peels. You'll need to visit a dermatologist to get those. And of course, never touch your face unless you're cleaning it.
    Stop hating yourself for the way you look and do something about it instead. The sooner you do it, the less scarring you will have. Acne scars are much tougher (and more expensive) to get rid of than active acne.
    I'm not a doctor, I only speak from experience.

• You don't necessarily need to take all those supplements at all times, but the more you take the better.

• Thank you for the advice! I've been using skin brighteners to even my skin tone and bio oil for the past week now and I already see a major difference. My skin doesn't have any acne at all ATM, and the hyper pigmentation definitely has been reduced. Now I just gotta keep drinking water constantly and taking vitamens. Hopefully my face doesn't break out again

• You arebasnyou said on the bad side of puberty. If you can just keep doing what you're doing and prevent infections and scar formation. The you can get the scars rreated after you're over puberty, and you'll be fine.

• Do you know how long that may take?

• Fwiw, you're still very pretty and most guys your age are going through the same thing, so you're fine overall.

• Thank you for saying this ❤ honestly I think I'd be completely happy with my looks if it weren't for the hyper pigmentation all over my face. Its not even the cysts, they're usually so deep that they're barely noticeable as long as you don't touch them. Just what comes after them is the terrible part.

• Did you consult a dermatologist?

• Not yet

• Good.
      All the best and keep smiling.

• Thank you, and I will 😊

• Maybe some dirty stuff like worms got into your face, try visit a dermatologist.

• I feel like its more unhealthy diet haha but thank you

• have you tried using any cream?

• I haven't tried any specific cream to cure the acne itself, but I've used creams to help with hyperpigmentation

• Thank you for the advice!

What Girls Said 16

• Going on the pill cleared up my skin so much, and then later when I got older microdermabrasion and chemical peels cleared up any hyperpigmentation and smaller scarring.

You're gorgeous though honey, amazing brows!

• Hopefully I can get to a doctor that can help me with all of that. And thank you ❤❤ I really appreciate you saying that

• It's a lot of trial and error with things like this, but keep being open minded. I know it can give your self esteem a knock but I promise we are our own worst critics when it comes to noticing these things. Don't let it get to you too much, as 90% of the time it goes away with age xo

• I'll try to think more positively. Honestly, for the past two years or so I wouldn't go in front of my family without either makeup or a facemask on BC I didn't want anyone except myself seeing myself without makeup. My friend was doing my makeup one night and she washed off my old makeup and she said I looked great BC I was shy about it then her mom walks in and tells me "oh have you tried this face wash?" And kept going on about how she has bad acne and this helps her (pretty much saying you have a lot of acne wow.) Idktheres about ten people tops that have seen me barefaced in the past two years. But lately I'm going barefaced at home and trying to let my skin breath. Hopefully this all gets better soon. thank you again ❤

• Going to a dermatologist is the best way to go but I'm gonna share some of my holy grail products with you. (I have acne-prone, sensitive combination skin.) by the way I'm also going through puberty too, so I can tell you rn when you reach around your period you might still have a couple.

7TH HEAVEN MASK BY MONTAGNE J. BLACK SEAWEED PEEL OFF MASK is a great natural product that purifying your skin, use every two weeks. Seriously only two weeks at a time because it won't be as effective and might irritate your skin.

Use OLAY OIL MINIMIZING CLEAN with your face brush in the shower to clean while pores are open to deep clean. Don't over exfoliate (ugh I hate those red patches from over cleaning) Seal your pores with ice cold water after showering.

THAYERS ROSE PETAL WITCH HAZEL TONER is a godsent product that'll make your skin soft and glowy after you shower. Just soak a cotton pad or ball and swab your face.

FIRST AID BEAUTY CREAM (NON SCENTED) is a splurge because everything else I listed was under $10. This one is $30, but you won't be disappointed. It's sutible for eczema sufferers and sensitive skin. You only need a thin layer before bed on a clean face and in the morning you'll wake up with super soft skin. I recommended this because I know the struggle of having breakouts being caused by even the best brand or for sensitive skin products.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

• Thank you so much for the thorough answer! I'll definitely look up those products 😊 I'll let you know if I think of any questions!

• best of luck :)

• Thank you ❤❤

• try going to a dermatologist. it could be your genes or just puberty at the moment. i would recommend to not wash your face so much because you are stripping it of the natural oils its producing and probably dying it out. try not to wear any makeup like foundation or anything as it can clog your pores and create more pimples.

• Its also a gene thing I think, like my mom and brother had TERRIBLE acne at my age, even worse than me. I try not to wash my face so much, but then I get a cyst and my immediate response is "wash the heck out of it." I haven't been wearing any makeup for three days now, which is awesome considering I usually wear it everyday (which doesn't help my skin at all.) Thank you for the advice!

• i wish you the best of luck though! but i really do recommend going to a dermatologist or searching up videos to see your best options! dont give up trying to find what can cure it or lessen it because i know a lot of people that tried countless products until they found the right thing. also, if its a gene thing i wouldn't worry so much as it will probably eventually go away, but i see you want to get rid of it as soon as possible, so try doing those steps :)

• Thank you!! I'll try getting to a doctor asap ❤ you helped so much

• You may need a special kind of antibiotic or even birth control pills. I know that sounds crazy but sometimes they help to balance hormones. I get the depo shot and I feel way better, for example. I has adult onset acne briefly in my twenties, took these antibiotics and it never came back! If anyone is mean to you for this, they are stupid because it can happen to anyone. Good luck!

• Thank you for the help! I'm gonna ask my mom about bringing me to a doctor for it. I hope all goes well, honestly I've been fighting acne for too long and I just want everything over and done with. I hate having to wear makeup. If my face was clear of the nasty red marks, I'd probably go out barefaced everyday.

• My friend is 4'11" and all the guys like her:)

• Haha thats always good!

• I had bad acne throughout middle and early high school and the only thing that actually helped me was going on birth control. I started it at about 15 or 16 because my cramps were so bad I would sometimes miss school but one of the side effects was a clearing of acne! It's magic! Less cramps and no acne? Thank the lord! But if you do see a gynecologist make sure you mention your skin concerns too because some forms of birth control actually make your acne worse.

• That sounds like a dream honestly. I get terrible cramps too and throw up if I don't take Midol or something, so I feel you there. I'll ask about that

• You should try applying aloe vera gel onto your skin. Aloe vera is one of those miracles from nature it's very good for the skin.

• I have an aloe vera plant! I should be trying that more often

• Absolutely. You should also try a face steamer. You can steam your face for a bit to open your pores, then massage the gel onto your face. I bought a Kealive steamer from Amazon and it improved my acne, until the steamer broke after 4 uses... gotta' get a new one.

• Good idea! Thank you 😊 that sucks that you need a new one already, wish you the best of luck with the next one!

• I think it's because of your age and you know this too. My pimples disappeared at 19 when I stoped touching my face and started using a washing gel (from Apivita) but products are not that important. Diet is the most important factor. And you know this as well. My advice is to consult a dermatologist. Don't take medication until a doctor tells you to.
    And don't stress that much about it. Stress may make it worse.

• Honestly, I'm not exactly the healthiest. I've gotten better, eating healthy suppers and lunches. For some reason this week I ate so much chocolate I can't stand the site of it now. But I'm eating more fruit and hoping it may help

• Oh definitely. I used to hate whole wheat, but I love it now wow. It actually has flavour unlike white bread.

• I agree.

• Only thing that cleared up my severe cystic acne was Accutane.

• I've always wondered about acutane, I've heard mixed reactions on it. Did you get any side effects?

• Dry skin, dry lips, dry eyes, bloody noses, some join pain (took fish oil for it and it wasn't so bad), and tiredness.

• First thing is to see a specialist as they can give you medication to treat your skin or test for underlying problems that are causing the acne. I get duac on prescription and it has been great for me and others I know. My skin wasn't so bad most times though so I use it more as a precaution. Best thing is to talk with a doctor and not spend on marketed products that sell false hope:).

• Thank you for the advice! I'll ask my mom about the doctors today

• Hi, literally cut out the sugar if you know sugar is the problem dont eat it especially refined sugar... I found some cosmetics make my skin worse so iv been using baby johnson wash and its worked a treat! Dont cover your face in foundation as your clogging your pores. Another thing i might suggest is maybe having a facial from your local beauty place it might help.

• Fresh aloe vera gel did wonders for my old acne before, as well as using diluted apple cider vinegar toner overnight. Don't go overboard with the apple cider vinegar if you have dry skin though.

• I haven't used the apple cider in a while, I should try that again.

• I wouldn't try anything that's otc, best bet for you is to go see a dermatologist and get that addressed before it gets really bad.

• Thank you for the help! I'll ask my mom about it tomorrow

• did you see doctor? they have a treatment that makes ur skin like a baby , it is so common in my country- doctor gives pills n it cleans everything in months

• I haven't yet, I'm gonna ask my mom about it today. Hopefully it all works out!

• hope you find a good treatment.

• Thank you ❤❤

• first you are not disgusting -rolls eyes-
    I would advise you to use a natural remedy.
    Use some gram flour with lemon and rosewater. And apply it on face.

• Honestly, on this site I was super afraid someone was gonna post a mean comment saying how gross I look and it'd really affect me. That sounds interesting, I'll give it a go!

• You don't need to say that you look disgusting cuz you don't :). So Do you touch your face while you're doing something (not washing your face) or let people touch your face? Or it might be cuz of heredity, mightn't it? Just try helping

• I use to touch my face a lot, I got used to not touching it though BC I used to always try not wiping my makeup off. My mom and brother used to have acne, my brother being worse than me, so I guess it is hereditary

• I've had your skin for a long time. I was using salicylic acid too but it made it way worse for me because my skin was too sensitive. I've had good experiences with the Lush Dark Angels cleanser and Clinique products, a friend went to a dermatologist and got medication. Plus, I changed my diet to less dairy and sugar and started wearing less make up to not irritate my skin further but that's not a quick fix.

• I never thought of those brands, I'll research them. Thank you for the help! 😊