Do you think long, flowly dresses are weird for everyday?

My husband and I traveled China last year and one of the things I noticed was that I liked the way girls dressed. I like long dresses but I always thought I was too short for them. But there a lot of girls wear kinda long, lose and flowy dresses and not necessarily with heels either.
So I was online shopping the other day and my husband came in and said that he hated the way girls dressed there. That everything was either too revealing, too baggy, too masculine or all of the above and to underline his point he found this picture online
Do you think long, flowly dresses are weird for everyday?And ya sure enough you do see things that are bit weird sometimes. But I don't know, still overall I quite liked the way people dressed and contrary to him I thought it was feminine. I was insecure about wearing that kind of stuff here anyway though, before he said something. I feel you'd stand out quite a bit if you dress like that here. So I'm wondering do you think outfits like below are weird? Especially the ones with long dresses

Most Helpful Guy

• Depeds on the dress and the girl. Asians tend to be more petite so they will look better in a lot of these dresses than girls with different body types would. The first one would look odd where I live, but she manages to pull it off. The dress on the girl next to her looks too rectangular in my opinion.

Third one is just ugly. It looks like sweatpants fused with a dress. The forth one (first orange dress) looks fine tho.

The fifth one looks the best. It fits nice with her body and the colors look really nice with her skin/hair. Although it might not look as good on a girl with different features.

The teal one looks normal so I wouldn't think much of it.

The second orange dress is longer than normal and seems an odd choice to wear in the rain, but she pulls it off alright.

The next three are ok.

The last one kinda gives off an elementary school teacher vibe, but the color looks good with her skin.

• I think that's quite presumptuous. Most people in Beijing were taller than me and seemed to have a more solid build. You'll see plenty of chubby people also, but I think it looks nice on them still.
      As you go further south people generally get shorter but not necessarily more petite. You'll rarely see obese people sure, but don't think they're all dainty creatures either

• I'm 5'6.
      Well still I don't think they are in general more petite and the more thin is not that true anymore either.

• Well I have never been there so maybe you're right, but based on everything I have read/seen online and based on the Asians I see in my area, my perception is they tend to be shorter and skinnier.

Most Helpful Girl

• cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...2-bc82-e5b335ab144e.jpg

this does look ehh

I am into dresses so I do wear dresses with drapes or flow more often than joggers and tops.

It depends on the style of the dresses you choose, as in the cut, design, and whether it looks good on you or not.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• no, if its how somebody wants to dress. most girls nowadays don't even bother with dresses, its a shame

• depends what you do 'everyday' great for walking up and down a shopping area as all your pics show but not so good for mountain biking or welding

• It's hot! I love when girls wear dresses and skirts

• I think they're cool tbh and fashionable. Can u help me out on a question about a sweet Asian girl?

• I don't think that those dresses look weird at all. It's nice to be adventurous when it comes to Fashion. Besides I see women wear those dresses at My shop all the time.

• Moroccan girls wearing dresses that long have been sent away from private schools in Europe for "not complying with cultural standards": their dresses were longer than accepted by the schools.
    But Europe pretends to be not racist.

• You're pics show a lot of girls wearing jeans and shorts too. I don't think it's weird I just think you noticed it more

• well ya I tried to get pictures of real people, not models who are 5'10 at least.

But ya sure they wear jeans too, but generally I think here you don't long dresses on the street at all and they are quite common there.

What Girls Said 15

• Not weird at all. Go for it, you'll look cute and adorable.

• i thin its cool and honestly i feel weirder wearing the same as everyone else. at least if you dress how you like you're being creative can think for yourself and not a coward. :-)

• I didn't know the average Asian chick, Chinese chick was so shapely. Shows you can't believe the media but I like their style too.

• shapley? Do you mean in a good way or a bad way?
      Because I was kinda surprised how many chubby people there were

• yes there is. i was surprised to discover this too. and shocked t how many overweight people i saw overseas... i had assumed it was relative but nope. i guess thats why americans are considered fat though there are many chubby people all over. bc in the u. s. sots obese not just fat but people get used to it so fat becomes chubby chubby becomes shapely healthy becomes skinny and sing sends people into a hyperbolic fit ;p

• @AriadneSky I felt the same. I traveled a lot in asia, where the stereotype is that people are super slim, short and petite.
      In reality most were my height, chubby and well build. Though I felt they were a bit thinner overall.

• I love long flowy dresses

• assuming you live in the west, would you feel like you stand out though?

• Its not weird, but I only wear a dress like twice a year, if even that haha

• same but that's because I was too short and normally you only see people here wearing something like that on vacation

• I think they look totally fine..

• Nah, they're pretty. Wear them if you want to.

• Depends on country and culture. But if you like it, why not?

• i loved them look stylish

• I think it's cute.

• It's okay to dress like that. I dress like that everyday.

• In the warmer weather I wear longer maxi dresses a lot, I think they're totally fine for everyday.

• Sure, why not?

• they look really cute so no i dont think they are weird at all

• That's the things girls wear in summer when they're too lazy to shave XD
    It look weird for wearing everyday, if it's just one day or things like that that's normal but no that's really uncommon.

• The thing is we weren't there in summer it was October

• If they were dressed like that in October everyone would have look at them like crazy, we all wear parka here