How to build calf muscle?

Does anyone know any exercises I can do to visibly increase the size of my calves? I walk a lot but it isn't working... my calves are really small and it looks strange compared to the rest of my leg. Thank you! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• The calves are a small muscle plus they take a pounding each and every day from walking, running etc so its incredibly hard to get them to grow. To add size the best bet would be to get into a gym and do calf raises with the full range top to bottom, you basically put the front part of your foot on a ledge so you can get a deep stretch and go lower than just having your foot flat on the floor. Try to go as heavy as you can and do lots of deep calf stretches after to stretch the connective tissue. Just take it easy the first few times or you may end up walking like an idiot, like I did :D

What Guys Said 3

• Believe it or not walking in high heals will give you bigger calf muscles.

So go out & get an inexpensive pair & go for a walk. You'll feel it the first day.

You may have to increase the size of the heal but you'll know when to do so either after their not developing anymore or have that sore feeling.

When you get to the point that you want you still have to use them otherwise the muscle may atrophy a bit.

• Skipping and jumping... My calves are very strong 400+ kg on the machine, and they still didn't grow (though I wasn't try to get them too, I was trying to increase my explosive power) Jumping and skipping made my calves grow much faster then running or walking... But I am wearing 40kg weighted clothing when I skip and jump..

• I really doubt you walk alot. Walking is the best. There are machines in gyms where you set the weight and put the thingies on your shoulders and then stand on your toes, but I don't know what that's called.

What Girls Said 0